• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    We could do firemaking and other outdoor skills in any of the state parks. Mounds is a short rive up 69 for those in the upper Indianapolis area. I'm sure there are other places we could use as well. Everyone bring a tent, and we could set up in the campground. At this time of year, we'd probably have the whole place to ourselves.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    We could do firemaking and other outdoor skills in any of the state parks. Mounds is a short rive up 69 for those in the upper Indianapolis area. I'm sure there are other places we could use as well. Everyone bring a tent, and we could set up in the campground. At this time of year, we'd probably have the whole place to ourselves.

True, but personally I prefer somewhere a bit more primitive than Mounds. Especially for practicing stuff for SHTF and survival. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :twocents:

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    True, but personally I prefer somewhere a bit more primitive than Mounds. Especially for practicing stuff for SHTF and survival. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :twocents:

I don't care how primitive the setting is. I have a pretty good imagination, so I will just make believe.

In all seriousness, I get the point about mindset, etc. but more important to me would be a place that is convenient for as many folks as possible.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    No range close, but Leiber State park, has some primitive camping ,as well as decent hiking. If we were to coordinate with a Mini-Appleseed at Cloverdale, that might be a good weekend. Saturday, shooting, Sunday work on the basics First Aid, SHTF cooking etc.

Wilbur Wright is close (10 mins) from Summit Lake, another excelent campground.

Keep those ideas comming, lets put down some days.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Did we decide to split Marion County off as its own area, or not?? Does Area 2 still go from the east border to the west border of the state?

This concept seems to be going the way things typically do. We'll talk about getting together to get things organized, until people get tired of talking about getting together, and then everyone just wanders off.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'll have a location set after this weekend for the Radio Communications During an Event. I'll pick out a date shortly after that.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Any word on any progress here guys?

Let me take a whack at it. It sounds like everybody wants to meet. For those of us with access to private land I am guessing that the we might be thinking along the same lines: sounds like a good idea but do I really want a bunch of strangers making fires on the back 40?

How's about we start small. I am proposing we just get together at a bar or a restaurant or a park somewhere between the west side of Indy and the state line and sit around and shoot the bull and get to know each other. Let's see what grows out of that.

To me it looks like Greencastle is near the center of the western half of area two. Is there an INGOer in Greencastle that can suggest a meeting place?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Let me take a whack at it. It sounds like everybody wants to meet. For those of us with access to private land I am guessing that the we might be thinking along the same lines: sounds like a good idea but do I really want a bunch of strangers making fires on the back 40?

How's about we start small. I am proposing we just get together at a bar or a restaurant or a park somewhere between the west side of Indy and the state line and sit around and shoot the bull and get to know each other. Let's see what grows out of that.

To me it looks like Greencastle is near the center of the western half of area two. Is there an INGOer in Greencastle that can suggest a meeting place?

Spot on...I'm in the Western portion of area 2 and couldn't agree more.

Starting small is a great idea, and Greencastle sounds like a good spot.

I'll be there if at all possible.

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    ok, good plan. what about muncie for the eastern half of Area 2? i think we get a group together to meet there? maybe start off small in each section (east and west) and then do a full group deal every few months? practice skills that we've learned and share knowledge

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Top Bottom