Here's what happens when you let touchy-feely do-gooder liberals run things!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sensationalist crap.

Norway has a policy by which anybody deemed a danger to society can be kept indefinitely.
    Actually, they can only be kept in 5 year increments, max. If it cannot be proven that they are a danger then they have to cut them loose. It's likely he'll be cut loose at some point. All he has to do is say he's sorry and make like a reformed murderer and say all the right things. It's Norway, not Utah.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Actually, they can only be kept in 5 year increments, max. If it cannot be proven that they are a danger then they have to cut them loose. It's likely he'll be cut loose at some point. All he has to do is say he's sorry and make like a reformed murderer and say all the right things. It's Norway, not Utah.
    Five year increments without the obligation to release him if he remains a danger to society. Everything about this crime, from its severity to the planning to the manifesto, paint an image of someone decided and convicted rather than some guy that went berserk one sunny day - not a violent lunatic that can be cured, even in Norway's legal system. He's said that he's not expecting to ever get out of prison - and there I agree with him.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As an overall subject, lenient sentencing worries me way less than over-criminalization of everything and over-sentencing.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I don't know how ANYONE who has taken someone's life with malice can be allowed to have a "normal" life while the victim and their families lives are changed forever.

A 100 day maximum sentence for murder (not counting the "discretion" to keep them incarcerated)? That's FUBAR.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    As an overall subject, lenient sentencing worries me way less than over-criminalization of everything and over-sentencing.

I do agree that MANY MANY things ARE over-criminalized and people's lives are ruined for insignificant "offenses", however, murder is NOT one of them!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I do agree that MANY MANY things ARE over-criminalized and people's lives are ruined for insignificant "offenses", however, murder is NOT one of them!
    I agree. Just sayin.

We'll see what the world looks like in 21 years and see if we care that this guy is being released.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom