• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I can't go to gunsamerica.com and get a gun shipped to me without an FFL.
    I'm trying to figure out if they are trying to go after the INGO classifieds private sales or if they are just talking out of their collective asses.

This, otherwise nothing really changes considering you can't buy guns at gun shows without a back ground check or online without an ffl... I just don't know how all of this false information keeps going around!

Stuff makes me sick though, there is a reason we have a congress, and it's not to be circumvented...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Dear Commies,

155670.png

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I can't imagine the heart attack they would have if they found out about the exceptions in place for antique guns. The exceptions I like very much.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    yeah, you met the person directly

I think many people are under the impression that it's legal to ship a gun to you from wherever, and that there are no background checks at all at gun shows.
    If the Director of the FBI doesn't know what makes you think most people would?

[video=youtube;nB0Yt94unQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0Yt94unQ4[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    When they mention "closing the gunshow loophole" and "buying guns on the internet," I've always assumed that they mean the banning of private sales between individuals. You do get a background check when you buy a gun at a gunshow, except when you buy from an individual. And of course you have to have an internet purchased weapon shipped to an FFL, and the background check still applies. They must mean guns in the classifieds, right? I don't think the resident can ban private transactions between individuals with the stroke of his pen. So what are they talking about? Do they even know what they are talking about? Does anyone know what these potato heads mean by "gun show loophole" or "buying guns on the internet?"

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    When they mention "closing the gunshow loophole" and "buying guns on the internet," I've always assumed that they mean the banning of private sales between individuals. You do get a background check when you buy a gun at a gunshow, except when you buy from an individual. And of course you have to have an internet purchased weapon shipped to an FFL, and the background check still applies. They must mean guns in the classifieds, right? I don't think the resident can ban private transactions between individuals with the stroke of his pen. So what are they talking about? Do they even know what they are talking about? Does anyone know what these potato heads mean by "gun show loophole" or "buying guns on the internet?"
    Essentially their incorrect belief is that any firearm sold outside of a gun shop is exempt from background checks like a private sale. The ways they've proposed "fixing" this "loophole" would generally ban private transactions. They have no idea what they're talking about, but that doesn't stop them from being dangerous.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That's been my understanding also. The "gunshow loophole" does not exist because (a) it isn't a loophole anymore than driving 30 in a 30 zone is a loophole to avoid getting a ticket, (b)it does not apply solely to gun shows as it is more commonly used for private sales. Of course how they force this upon the population and monitor it remains to be seen.

Just remember freedom is more powerful than fear. Except the freedom to buy scary black guns. Because we're scared of those we wanted to use the No Fly List to strip you of your rights and avoid that whole icky due process thing. So instead we're going to bypass the will of the people to pass an unconstitutional Executive Order that is almost wholly unenforceable but feels really good, and will only punish the law abiding because we play catch and release with actual violent criminals.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom