• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    OP when you go home I promise that if it is anywhere between 2 and 7pm you will save anywhere from a half to an hour taking the toll way rather than the freeway to 65 no matter what your GPS tells you.
    Downtown has such a weird vibe now, I grew up in the city and took advantage of all the entertainment I could from my late teens to my mid 30's. Be it 3pm or 5am I always felt safe and it was all about fun, things started changing a couple of years before covoid. After dark now I am uncomfortable and just want to get the hell out of there. When I talk to co workers, family, and friends they all feel the same way. Leading up to Christmas I had to be downtown a couple of times, they literally had a cop car parked every couple of blocks with all their flashing lights on and lots of cop cars patrolling also with all their flashers on. It was surrealistic and bizarre. Downtown was packed and I just kept asking myself why anyone would enjoy that experience.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ever been to Chicago? Nashville is nothing like that.
    When I worked out of the Office in Sioux Falls, for two years 40 degrees below 0 was not uncommon factor in wind chill 72 below 0 and 5 foot snow drifts were were considered little ones lol.

But you are correct Nashville doe not share a lot in common with Chicago other than being liber left wing.

While we do not usually get the snow problem here is ice. Near our homestead if it gets cold and iced your not getting around unless you have 4x4 or all wheel drive.Even then you need to be extremely careful. Problem is the S curves on the ridges. There is no shoulder and it’s a long way down.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    OP when you go home I promise that if it is anywhere between 2 and 7pm you will save anywhere from a half to an hour taking the toll way rather than the freeway to 65 no matter what your GPS tells you.
    Downtown has such a weird vibe now, I grew up in the city and took advantage of all the entertainment I could from my late teens to my mid 30's. Be it 3pm or 5am I always felt safe and it was all about fun, things started changing a couple of years before covoid. After dark now I am uncomfortable and just want to get the hell out of there. When I talk to co workers, family, and friends they all feel the same way. Leading up to Christmas I had to be downtown a couple of times, they literally had a cop car parked every couple of blocks with all their flashing lights on and lots of cop cars patrolling also with all their flashers on. It was surrealistic and bizarre. Downtown was packed and I just kept asking myself why anyone would enjoy that experience.
    Stony Island to the Skyway? At least it's unlikely you'll get caught in any traffic jams, but the drive to get to the Skyway may be a bit creepy (although the Dan Ryan may be worse). Keep an eye peeled at stoplights!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Stony Island to the Skyway? At least it's unlikely you'll get caught in any traffic jams, but the drive to get to the Skyway may be a bit creepy (although the Dan Ryan may be worse). Keep an eye peeled at stoplights!

Don't stop at stoplights on Stony Island.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed, but if I were in tourist mode I would rather plan a trip here when the weather is nice.

There is a lot to do in the Mid South and is free of charge. Road trips Historic sites etc.
    If you’re into civil war history there aren’t many better places.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I recently tested positive for the Rona and wonder if I could show that and say I had to wait to get vaxxed? Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Just consulted with the resident medical professional, wife's a NP, there is no wait time to get jabbed. So if they check if that's a valid excuse, The People's Republic will probably say no.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    In summary, some restaurants may not enforce the mandate, but there is no way around it outside of that. The other 200 replies are useless, no?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In summary, some restaurants may not enforce the mandate, but there is no way around it outside of that. The other 200 replies are useless, no?
    This many people on a forum, it’s not very likely the discussion won’t take some twists and turns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom