• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I’ll need to look them up. Put it this way, I didn’t get why Cheech and Chong tickets went on sale at 420.

If I’m going to support a Jim Lucas weed bill I guess I better get hip to the program. Do the kids still say that??
    April 20th(4/20) is a special day for those who enjoy Mary Jane’s company.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    April 20th(4/20) is a special day for those who enjoy Mary Jane’s company.
    This was 1620 (4:20pm). My wife texted me the info, I replied, "That's a strange time to start selling tickets."

Don't get me wrong, I remember the 70's and I have noticed some of my neighbors partake in the herb. When you're down-wind it smells like the 70's.

And what is up with the skunk weed?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Somebody get a mod to delete post 362, or better yet to alter it.

I am not in the same district as Kelly but I will do what I can in support.

I have a Miami Classic rig to donate to the cause.
    Post 362 is probably my best post here in the past 8 years. Five lines in bullet format (pun intended), not wordy so everybody (OK, most) won't lose focus. And if you didn't laugh at response #3, go back and read it again. That was funny!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Post 362 is probably my best post here in the past 8 years. Five lines in bullet format (pun intended), not wordy so everybody (OK, most) won't lose focus. And if you didn't laugh at response #3, go back and read it again. That was funny!
    You guys here that, He was joking in post 362. :stickpoke: There is still a chance.

Kelly 2022

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Bray's FB post ( I don't see it, sorry if a dupe):
    I want to set the record straight on the constitutional carry bill currently before the Indiana General Assembly.
    First, no promises were made in regard to giving this bill a hearing. At no time did I or Senator Brown guarantee anyone a committee hearing if a certain number of senators signed on as co-authors of the bill. This accusation is simply incorrect.
    Second, the bill has some major flaws that led to a number of organizations voicing concerns and opposition, groups including the Indiana State Police, the Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Association, the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, the Indiana State Police Alliance, and even the pro-Second Amendment groups The National Association of Gun Rights and Hoosier Gun Rights. These groups, historically, have been very supportive of advancing pro-Second Amendment legislation. These flaws concern me and many of my colleagues in the Senate as well.
    What is at the center of these concerns – and what has yet to be discussed – is what Hoosier Gun Rights call a “poison pill” provision that creates yet another government database in addition to what is already in place. According to noted firearms law expert Attorney Benjamin Blatt, “In short, HB 1369 passed the House with fatal flaws related to federal firearms possession, the actual reciprocity of the Reciprocity License therein, and with provisions for having BMV and state law enforcement reinvent an existing Indy Car wheel to replace it with something square, perhaps made of paper.”
    This new database would be a joint project the State Police, the BMV, and local law enforcement agencies would be required to develop that would allow law enforcement to quickly access information regarding whether a person is prohibited from possessing a firearm due to factors such as previous felony convictions or mental illness. These groups have said that, due to a variety of reasons including the current state of technology and federal laws governing the use of and access to information, creation of such a database is not possible at this time. Law enforcement believes being able to access this information in the middle of the night during a traffic stop is important and thus, so do I. The bottom line is law enforcement's ability to determine who is prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon is important and this bill does not achieve that.
    Several years ago we eliminated the fee for a five-year license to carry. The fee for the lifetime license to carry is currently $75.00. The Senate intends to pass language this session that would allow the lifetime license to be free as well. Any money that would normally be generated by the current license fee goes, in part to the state police to administer the license and in part to local law enforcement for training. We have no intention of taking those training dollars from law enforcement so we will replace that revenue in the budget.
    Obviously, our Second Amendment freedoms are critically important and we intend to preserve it. I have concerns with moving forward with HB 1369 for these reasons.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bray's FB post ( I don't see it, sorry if a dupe):
    Where to begin...

Sponsors plus 5 yes votes = passage

There were more LEOs speaking in support of HB 1369 than opposing it at the House hearing.

The ISP Superintendent opposed it, was not speaking for anyone but Doug Carter.

NAGR??? Seriously?? Boudreau or whatever his name is SPOKE IN FAVOR OF 1369!

Pinner v State much??

The loss of revenue (where people who are 7 times less likely to be convicted of a crime involving firearms than the Police per Dr John Lott, are funding the Police) was addressed and offset. That's why it was in a budget year.

Every LEO testifying stated they would rather know who was a prohibited possessor, rather than who had a LTCH.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So LE groups and NAGR screwed us over.
    There wasn’t a Sheriff testifying against it. This includes one who was shot in the line of duty Who spoke in support of it.

LEO organizations in opposition were the usual suspects. FOP rep didn’t know what a 4473 was and wasn’t a LEO.

NAGR: they are more of a bunch of scam artists then they are a pro 2A organization. They did speak in support, Unlike Senator Bray I was in the room during the hearing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There wasn’t a Sheriff testifying against it. This includes one who was shot in the line of duty Who spoke in support of it.

LEO organizations in opposition were the usual suspects. FOP rep didn’t know what a 4473 was and wasn’t a LEO.

NAGR: they are more of a bunch of scam artists then they are a pro 2A organization. They did speak in support, Unlike Senator Bray I was in the room during the hearing.
    So basically lying to the general public. Your information needs to get out and respond to this. Maybe front page news in local news papers in their district. Billboards, whatever modern information transmission is available.

Top Bottom