• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It will be brought up again next year.

John, anything we can do to make sure Bosma/Dermody don't scrap it again?

That was exceedingly frustrating for us, I know it had to be even more so for Mr. Lucas, whom I consider a friend, but I saw nothing any of us could do to help him get it through. Polite letters, as I've recommended both on my own and at the suggestion of folks in Indianapolis, just didn't seem to cut it this time.

I'm almost (almost.) ready to believe some of Mr. Bloomberg's well-publicized $50M outvoted the people of this state, and that, IMHO, would be cause to remove those who prevented good bills from coming to the floor, if it could be proven.

Your counsel has proven wise in the past. I welcome your suggestions.

Blessings,
    Bill

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah bring it up in the Senate, so that it hits those RINOS with a little big of momentum behind it.

That was exceedingly frustrating for us, I know it had to be even more so for Mr. Lucas, whom I consider a friend, but I saw nothing any of us could do to help him get it through. Polite letters, as I've recommended both on my own and at the suggestion of folks in Indianapolis, just didn't seem to cut it this time.

I'm almost (almost.) ready to believe some of Mr. Bloomberg's well-publicized $50M outvoted the people of this state, and that, IMHO, would be cause to remove those who prevented good bills from coming to the floor, if it could be proven.

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    It will be brought up again next year.

Excellent. And I'm sure improved too.

Yeah bring it up in the Senate, so that it hits those RINOS with a little big of momentum behind it.

Mr. Lucas has a lot of work to do to be 100% sure that will happen; but I am confident he will himself re-introduce it; and several of his other good proposals.

Blessings,
    Bill

I haven't had time to do much lately. I had planned (and still likely will) Invite both Dermody and Bosma to an Appleseed; as a start.
    They seem to think the 2A and related rights are branches on the wrong tree.

I would say a few clearly thought out letters, reminding them about the importance of these issues AHEAD OF next January's session. And getting LOCAL people (their own constituents) to talk to these and other legislators to invite the to the range; investing your efforts in actually getting these people to learn about gun rights and WHO and WHAT - the law abiding gun owners are about - by getting them to an event or on a line with other gun owners is a good thing.

I recall during the debate for Suppressors for hunting - I think a couple local folks got a few of the legislators out on the line with suppressed firearms - and showed them the difference; seeing the reality opened them up to changing the law.

Just a few thoughts.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Send a post card to your state Senator and state Rep. Then get 3 friends to do the same.

Have a brunch of like minded friends. Bring post cards, hand them out.

Bring the heat, they will see the light.

Top Bottom