• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Perhaps gun owners in NH actually call their reps. Do Hoosiers even deserve this if they won't fight for it?

We're busy [strike]working to[/strike] complaining about no beer being sold on Sundays and blaiming republicans for trying to address G. Ritz and her actions and deeds while in office.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Jeesh, I killed the thread. Too bad people are too busy post whoring to take 3 minutes out of their day to further their freedom.

Call your reps everyone.

Sorry, wrong thread.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess this means Bosma is on our side?

Dear GFGT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on legislation concerning the constitutional right to carry firearms, particularly House Bill (HB) 1144. Constituent communication is important and helps me represent our community more effectively.

In 1789, the framers of this great nation laid a foundation of individual freedom and limited government for future generations to build upon. Protection from unnecessary governmental intrusion is as important in the present as it was when the Bill of Rights was ratified. When I took my oath as State Representative, I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Indiana. This oath is my promise to remain constant in the pursuit of affording Hoosiers the opportunity to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms and liberties. Please be assured that each Hoosier's Second Amendment right to bear arms is intact, even without the passage of HB 1144, and I would never support any measure that impedes this right.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me with your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with further questions or concerns by phone at (317) 232-9657 or email at h88@iga.in.gov.

Sincerely,

Brian C. Bosma
    Speaker of the House

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, it means he doesn't recognize the current pay-for-privilege licensing scheme in Indiana as an infringement.

As such, he won't see any conflict of his oath when he ignores that bill.

In fairness, he specifically said he'd never support a bill that impedes on our 2A rights, not that he'd support bills that would un-impede them...that and the fact, as you say, he believes everything is okey dokey, I'm sure you're right in that, he can look at himself in the mirror with pride.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    No, it means he doesn't recognize the current pay-for-privilege licensing scheme in Indiana as an infringement.

As such, he won't see any conflict of his oath when he ignores that bill.
    :+1: That's what I gathered from his politi-speak.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I guess he and I took oaths to a different constitution?

thats the same form letter I got back. A bull **** political slime ball letter and he knows it.

yoir either in 100% or your NOT buddy!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is really an insulting letter the more I sit and stew on it. He's not gonna come after our 2nd amendment freedoms but he's not gonna help them either.

Can I walk down the street in Indiana exercising my 2nd amendment right (carrying a pistol) without being arrested? NO! Not without the kings (mr bosmas) pink permission slip! So me bosma you are not upholding the constitution and you are causing my 2nd amendment rights to be infringed. Nice try though with that generic letter you had some 20 year old write for you.
    you doing your job that you were elected for is a thankless possition. That's why it's called public service. You do things because it's right. Not so you can get praise.
    You have just showed me that you are no different than a classic politician. Actualy your more scary because instead of just being honest and saying you didn't want to pass this bill and support CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY, you gave a political answer and sidestepped. I would have reapected the truth more.
    why do you think it's called constitutional carry? Duh
    does some of the other bull **** stuff you'll pass this session have to do with saving the Hoosiers of Indiana from having their rights violated by an oppressive government? What's more important than that sir?!
    but don't worry I'm sure people will continue to kiss your ass because they still want stuff out of you and won't want to anger you into not supporting the 2nd amendment cause. I however will not kiss your ass and will call it as I see it and give you only the respect you've earned. I think it's time for new leadership in the house and I hope you lose your next election.

Last edited:

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    By over, do you mean that there is no chance of it ever happening ?

Surely we can lobby local representatives and get some support.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    By over, do you mean that there is no chance of it ever happening ?

Wee, I meant this year. Indiana does not have a year-round legislature, thank Heavens.

My father told me that the only political mistake he regrets is voting in the early '70s to amendment the Indiana Constitution to have a legislative session every year instead of every other year.

Indiana General Assembly: Indiana General Assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I am not well versed in these political matters, so thanks for clarification.

What we need to do now is identify where things went wrong this year and start working to make sure that next year's efforts are successful

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What we need to do now is identify where things went wrong this year and start working to make sure that next year's efforts are successful

Well, the Sage of Indianapolis told us that this was going to be an "economic session". LOL. That really didn't work out for them.:D

Top Bottom