• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    People whining about how much time off someone else gets is the very defintion of twisted panties.

By the way, it's knickers in a twist. Panties in a bunch.

Now wait a minute, I thought it was "panties wadded". Here I was hoping to learn something from this thread.

On a related note I first learned of Juneteenth while in my final months of high school in Key West. The black students association had stirred up a ruckus because the school had an "official" commemoration of some Cuban holiday in May but the school had no "official" commemoration of Juneteenth. I don't know about the rest of the country at the time but schools in the Keys let out for summer break either right before or right after Memorial Day back in the dark ages so I'm not understanding why or how the schools would have acknowledged it. :dunno:

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    To be fair there is always some ******* somewhere just waiting to play out their wildest fantasy by ****ing up a good thing. Shame that there seems to be so many assholes all across the country waiting to **** this up.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    To be fair there is always some ******* somewhere just waiting to play out their wildest fantasy by ****ing up a good thing. Shame that there seems to be so many assholes all across the country waiting to **** this up.
    Get used to it, the element of society being catered to lives (and dies) for it. After all, they’ve been encouraged to keep doing what they do.

Reactions: Leo

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    And you’re surprised? I mean, seriously?
    Its been celebrated by people before without any widely reported troubles prior to this year. Surprised nobody here reported it, has the same numbers as the one in oakland and is in a city no one would expect.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think it’s funny a bunch of white people who work in the .gov will now have the day off, paid of course. The average black person? They’ll still be stuck at work, celebrating it by generating more taxable income for those work workers getting paid to sit home.
    I thought the percentage of minorities who work for the government was significantly higher that the private sector. Am I wrong? Has happened

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As a government employee (who is not going to apologize for having the day off - sorry, not sorry), I'd say that the population of government employees is at least as diverse as the general population, or if anything, blacks and other minorities are probably represented at greater than the percentage of the general population. As are people with disabilities. Now I realize I only have a sampling of some 5,000 employees (just at my facility) to go by, but I'll stand by my assertion.
    Yet you claim this costs me nothing tax wise.

I expect your annual productivity to remain the same.

Top Bottom