• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    State employees do not have it as a holiday. As far as the .gov Feds... don't hate :lmfao:
    Seriously, State employees worked today? Hmmm even us city employees were off in observance of it

Edit- it was put on the list of paid holidays a couple years ago. The same year they decided we should also have Indigenous People's Day as a paid holiday.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seriously, State employees worked today? Hmmm even us city employees were off in observance of it

Edit- it was put on the list of paid holidays a couple years ago. The same year they decided we should also have Indigenous People's Day as a paid holiday.
    No delay in trash pickup schedule this week, so I guess the city didn't think it was important enough for that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

My wife is a Statee, she had to work.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    White people should not celebrate Juneteenth... :lala:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was here in Fort Wayne.

Such is the good thing about America - states, cities and employers can make their own decisions about what holidays to observe.
    They actually did delay ours, but they didn't tell anyone. It wasn't on their published holiday schedule and everyone set their trash cans out yesterday but none were picked up. I don't care either way, but they should communicate it if they're going to change the schedule.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    They actually did delay ours, but they didn't tell anyone. It wasn't on their published holiday schedule and everyone set their trash cans out yesterday but none were picked up. I don't care either way, but they should communicate it if they're going to change the schedule.
    Surely you jest. You don't actually expect the elite to lower themselves to informing us great unwashed masses of anything that would affect our daily lives.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom