• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh. Guess I’ll sign in to workday to see if it’s a company holiday. I suspect not. But it’s worth verifying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Awww, c'mon...

iu

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I almost forgot I am supposed to celebrate another made up holiday based on the lie June 19 is when the last of the slaves were freed.
    Very true it's a lie. Having an amendment i guess.. doesn't exist to the fools that believe june was the end.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Very true it's a lie. Having an amendment i guess.. doesn't exist to the fools that believe june was the end.
    True.

Some believe lincoln was something other than a tyrant. Some believe he was some "emancipator of slaves", though the number of slaves he freed stands at -0-.

The deification of lincoln is nothing but a rush towards centralization which continues to this day.

Last edited:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    They combined “George Washington’s Birthday” and “Lincoln’s Birthday” into just one holiday; “Presidents Day”. Is it rascist to suggest that they combine “martin luther king day” and “juneteenth” into one holiday? And, if so, what would they call it?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is well worth marking a day when the U.S. took a significant step towards fulfilling it's mission statement of: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." A whole segment of our society and citizens were locked out of that until 1865.

Therefore, I say, most sincerely: "Happy Juneteenth."

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I came across it about 10 years ago. I really want it to be a federal holiday. We should commemorate a day when (at least on paper) the U.S. finally lived up to it's belief that "all men are created equal."
    Indiana NEVER had or supported slavery.

All Hoosiers did is pay taxes, fight, and die to end it.

When is Hooierteeth appreciation, thank you day?

Tradition holds.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    It is well worth marking a day when the U.S. took a significant step towards fulfilling it's mission statement of: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." A whole segment of our society and citizens were locked out of that until 1865.

Therefore, I say, most sincerely: "Happy Juneteenth."
    This was the fulfilment of the Emancipation Proclamation, an executive order which could have been reversed by a succeeding president. It did not affect slavery in states that were not in rebellion, e.g. Kentucky, Missouri, Delaware, and Maryland, etc. About 500,000 still remained in bondage.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom