• ...and so much more!
  • H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    In other words, you're a tax dodger. :):

Well, as far as I know I wasn't the legal age to work either. I was 14 at the time. But, if I was the legal age to work then yes I was but unaware of it. lol. even before that I got a job cleaning houses for a construction before they actually repaired the house. I did that when I was about 12. Got paid $10 an hour for that. And I do little odds and ends jobs. snow shoveling, small auto repairs, things of that nature. I always got guff from my older brother because I wasn't paid with a check. Not because of taxes, he said uder the table construction wasn't a real job because of cash payment.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well, as far as I know I wasn't the legal age to work either. I was 14 at the time. But, if I was the legal age to work then yes I was but unaware of it. lol. even before that I got a job cleaning houses for a construction before they actually repaired the house. I did that when I was about 12. Got paid $10 an hour for that. And I do little odds and ends jobs. snow shoveling, small auto repairs, things of that nature. I always got guff from my older brother because I wasn't paid with a check. Not because of taxes, he said uder the table construction wasn't a real job because of cash payment.

Dude, don't sweat it. Tax dodging is just self-defense.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I wish I could "tax dodge" and not end up finding everything I own garnished or auctioned off. Must be nice. Even as a kid when we detassled corn at 12 we still had to pay out taxes on a 1099 form. But I guess its OK for you not to though because you probably didn't know better. That is a good excuse right? The more you post, the more I wish I could keep my tax money instead of paying for other people.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I wish I could "tax dodge" and not end up finding everything I own garnished or auctioned off. Must be nice. Even as a kid when we detassled corn at 12 we still had to pay out taxes on a 1099 form. But I guess its OK for you not to though because you probably didn't know better. That is a good excuse right? The more you post, the more I wish I could keep my tax money instead of paying for other peoples lives.

The wish you feel is the simple logic that my four year old daughter understands quite well - her stuff is her stuff, and if you want to play with it, you have to ask her, and even if you ask nice she reserves the right to say no.

Taxes are when someone takes your toys and gives them to someone else to play with, and the other person doesn't even say thank you, in fact he often says that you don't give him enough of your toys.

How could you not want to get out of that?

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish I could "tax dodge" and not end up finding everything I own garnished or auctioned off. Must be nice. Even as a kid when we detassled corn at 12 we still had to pay out taxes on a 1099 form. But I guess its OK for you not to though because you probably didn't know better. That is a good excuse right? The more you post, the more I wish I could keep my tax money instead of paying for other people.

I have this feeling you don't like me much.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    My opinion is that the responsibility lies with the persons family for care. Outside of that charity is a function of churches and other charities not the .gov.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have this feeling you don't like me much.

Dude, don't take things so personally. You won't last long on the internet if you do.

The internet - like the World - is a barren place, filled with danger, loneliness, and discouragement. Yet, it's also a beautiful place, filled with those who will help you for no apparent reason.

Endeavor to grow a thick skin and a light heart - both will serve you well.

Go forth, my son, walk the cyber earth with your head held high, one hand extended to help those in need, the other clenched into a fist to smite the evildoers.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I wasn't taking it personally. I just want him to tell me he doesn't like me. I seriously had no idea that I had to pay taxes on under the table pay. No one taught me about this stuff when I was little.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I have taken advantage of them in the past, and am doing so on a couple now.

I think what it boils down to is oversight. I actively search for work, have actively advanced my education, and am not a felon, illegal immigrant, or illegal drug user. I also have full sole custody of my son, and realize qualifying for help is much easier with a dependant.

However, my son's mother is on every handout available, and makes NO effort to even find a job or do job training. I disagree with that.

I also believe that anyone receiving assistance (be it State or Federal) should be subject to MANDATORY drug screening every 30 days. You fail, you lose all financial assistance until you have 3 consecutive monthly clean tests AT YOUR COST. I think this would lighten the load on the system so much it's not even funny...

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I do agree. THey should drug test those on assistance. But, just a thought would it makes taxes if we required those who took it and didn't pay for it (According to your idea, those who come up clean don't pay for it) would that raise taxes?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I do agree. THey should drug test those on assistance. But, just a thought would it makes taxes if we required those who took it and didn't pay for it (According to your idea, those who come up clean don't pay for it) would that raise taxes?

What do you care? You don't pay taxes, anyway.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Drug testing for handouts is a bad idea to me. These programs are bleeding this country dry, lets please not add more cost to it. In fact, lets......cut the costs of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You have made the most sense. I like you because you see both sides, or it seems that way anyways. Because you know that there is a hefty majority that abuse the system. But, not everyone on these programs does this. And I'm still having a problem with these terms "enslaved" and "robbed." If the taxes seem that bad, you can always renounce your citizenship. Move to another country. Me, personally, The government could take the clothes off my back, take my mom's benifits away, beat the crap out of me and whatever else it may be. I would never leave. I love this country, and I'm glad I can live here with freedom loving gun-toting "cowboy" Americans. We have freedoms that most countries might not see for decades. But, we do have some things we don't agree with. Taxes, Obama, some of our weapons bans, just to name a few. But, we have the freedom to show the Government the error of their ways. And I'm sure some of you are saying, "I've tried and nothing happened." Well, you try again and again and again until your dead or the thing you want changed changes. It absolutely puzzles me that there are this many people that have problems with paying taxes but nothing has changed. So, why no action against it if it's that bad? Are you afraid you might become handicapped from your job and need these "Handouts" one day? Are you putting it off until tomorrow because you don't wanna miss primetime on ABC? It boggles my mind why you would sit here and pay taxes and complain about when nothing has been done. :ingo::patriot:

Pay attention, junior. It's not that we're opposed to paying taxes. It's that we're opposed to being told that we have to do so for the benefit of others by a government that was not empowered with the authority to demand it. To expand upon the 4y/o example (beautiful, btw), it's not just being told to give up your toys to some other grubby-handed brat, it's being told to do so by grubby-handed brat's skanky mother. But being the respectful and responsible 4y/o she is being taught to be, she grudgingly obeys because she's been taught that all adults carry some authority to some extent (we'll leave the obvious perv issue out of it for simplicity).

It's our respect for the rule of law and our understanding that to disrupt the system is to destroy it on some level. We accept the overbearing authority of someone who doesn't really have it because we see that the consequences of disobeying are far uglier than obeying.

OK. Mind you I'm not trying to be disrespectful though it may seem that way. I want to see what the problem is. I am not a tax payer yet, all my jobs have been all under the table work. It's hard to be hired on as a greenhorn mechanic. Especially with the auto industry in the John. But, I want to see your side of the story. I do like the system because it helps my mom. I hate it because everyone doesn't want to do anything and everyone wants a piece. Let's face it, anyone would love to just sit back and get free money. But, that takes away from the people that NEED it. But it seems like SOME of you are against all people getting these services.

There's your problem, kiddo. You've not yet been the victim of enslavement and robbery by Big Brother to fully realize how unfair of a system it really is.

Tell me, did you read the post about going to your neighbor's house and demanding a portion of their income to pay for your mother's care? Did you understand the part that welfare programs do just that, only instead of YOU doing it, the .gov does it for you? Do you get that the only difference between any of us here earning a wage and the black man in chains 200 years ago is the chains?

I wasn't taking it personally. I just want him to tell me he doesn't like me. I seriously had no idea that I had to pay taxes on under the table pay. No one taught me about this stuff when I was little.

When was that? 2 years ago? :D I keed. I keed. Sort of. You are coming across as extremely young and naive and ignorant. And while I don't have a problem with a desire to learn, I do have a problem with someone telling me I'm wrong who hasn't the slightest clue what he's talking about. Kinda like you'd probably blow a gasket if I told you that you had torque the intake bolts down to 9ft-lbs when it clearly should be 18.

You just don't pull the tail of the tiger and expect him to roll over for a belly scratchin'.

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Bravo to 88GT.

As I said early on, I have no problem giving money to those who ask for it. When you ask someone for something, you are acknowledging that they have the right to make the decision. On the other hand, if you demand it, you are claiming ownership of that which is not yours. You are a thief -- a robber, and it does not matter if you give what you steal to starving kids in the ghetto or sick people who can't care for themselves.

It is not the ultimate destination of the money that is the problem. It is the way it is acquired.

Top Bottom