• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've seen the word "Enslaved" a couple of times in this thread. How are you being enslaved?
    Someone who does not get to enjoy the fruits of their own labor is a slave. The fact that the plantation owner allows the slave to keep enough to live on does not change the nature of the relationship.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Now, respectfully said, there are alternatives to paying taxes. I've even heard that there is no law stating you HAVE to pay taxes. I tried looking it up but the computer keeps wigging out on me.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Now, respectfully said, there are alternatives to paying taxes. I've even heard that there is no law stating you HAVE to pay taxes. I tried looking it up but the computer keeps wigging out on me.

Kind of a rumor.

I guess you don't have to, you could just go to jail for tax evasion.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Bunches of folks have tried this one. Whether any have been successful does not appear to be independently verifiable. Based on what I've read, it seems to me to be a good way to lose everything you have trying to stay out of prison.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ok. Because I needed to know if I was welcome to be on this site. My mom is on just about every "Handout" you could think of. She's blind, sick, has seizures, and constantly in and out of the hospital for blood transfusions. It's a combination of Toxosplasmosis and something else. I can't remember the other disease. But, she cannot work with these medical issues. SO, I must ask. Is it ok in your opinion for her to get these benifits?

In a fair and decent world, the government would not steal money from people. Truly needy people like your mom would be taken care of by churches, charities, volunteers, donors, non-profits, boy-scouts, etc. The remaining 75% of system-abusing welfare pigs would be ousted from "the system" because private volunteers would quickly determine that they do not deserve to be waited on when they are perfectly capable themselves.

These types of charities will not be prevalent while taxpayers are robbed the way they currently are, and the welfare system exists for all to abuse.

Welcome to INGO. Vote for Liberty.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    In a fair and decent world, the government would not steal money from people. Truly needy people like your mom would be taken care of by churches, charities, volunteers, donors, non-profits, boy-scouts, etc. The remaining 75% of system-abusing welfare pigs would be ousted from "the system" because private volunteers would quickly determine that they do not deserve to be waited on when they are perfectly capable themselves.

These types of charities will not be prevalent while taxpayers are robbed the way they currently are, and the welfare system exists for all to abuse.

Welcome to INGO. Vote for Liberty.

You have made the most sense. I like you because you see both sides, or it seems that way anyways. Because you know that there is a hefty majority that abuse the system. But, not everyone on these programs does this. And I'm still having a problem with these terms "enslaved" and "robbed." If the taxes seem that bad, you can always renounce your citizenship. Move to another country. Me, personally, The government could take the clothes off my back, take my mom's benifits away, beat the crap out of me and whatever else it may be. I would never leave. I love this country, and I'm glad I can live here with freedom loving gun-toting "cowboy" Americans. We have freedoms that most countries might not see for decades. But, we do have some things we don't agree with. Taxes, Obama, some of our weapons bans, just to name a few. But, we have the freedom to show the Government the error of their ways. And I'm sure some of you are saying, "I've tried and nothing happened." Well, you try again and again and again until your dead or the thing you want changed changes. It absolutely puzzles me that there are this many people that have problems with paying taxes but nothing has changed. So, why no action against it if it's that bad? Are you afraid you might become handicapped from your job and need these "Handouts" one day? Are you putting it off until tomorrow because you don't wanna miss primetime on ABC? It boggles my mind why you would sit here and pay taxes and complain about when nothing has been done. :ingo::patriot:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Bunches of folks have tried this one. Whether any have been successful does not appear to be independently verifiable. Based on what I've read, it seems to me to be a good way to lose everything you have trying to stay out of prison.

I can verify four to date that have failed in rather spectacular ways. Two have lost their homes and businesses and one spent 90 days in jail. They were nice guys, very firm in their beliefs, but legally were standing in quicksand digging holes to hide in.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It absolutely puzzles me that there are this many people that have problems with paying taxes but nothing has changed.
    Quite a bit has changed, actually. And some of the folks here helped change it. It just hasn't changed enough and in enough areas -- Republicans are infamous for cutting taxes but increasing spending, in defiance of all logic.

The root of the problem is that almost everyone has a pet project, and government spending looks like a limitless fountain of cash by which that project could be accomplished. Whether it's helping farmers or teaching kids or running the military or whatever, almost everyone has something that they'll say, "well... this is OK to steal for", and that's the camel's nose poking into the tent. After that, you're not in a debate of principle, you're haggling over the price.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You have made the most sense.
    Finally, Rambone gets some recognition around here! :rockwoot:

And I'm still having a problem with these terms "enslaved" and "robbed."

These terms are being used because they are really beginning to apply.

With the added taxes from the Health Care Reform bill, 39 states will tax their top earners of more than half of their earnings. Many states will be closer to 60% tax rates. Source

And the gravy train just keeps on a-rollin'. Government spending like crazy, and the thing that they will do to keep up is to take even more of our money. So when do we officially realize that we are slaves to the system? 50% tax? 70% tax? 90% tax?

I hope this helps you to see why people use these words. Today the slavery is economic slavery. Tomorrow, we may literally be forced to work in a government sweatshop for next to nothing. All the earnings will go straight to pay the government's debts. The patriotic thing to do will be to give up you liberty and your property to help Uncle Sam not go bankrupt.

It absolutely puzzles me that there are this many people that have problems with paying taxes but nothing has changed. So, why no action against it if it's that bad? Are you afraid you might become handicapped from your job and need these "Handouts" one day? Are you putting it off until tomorrow because you don't wanna miss primetime on ABC? It boggles my mind why you would sit here and pay taxes and complain about when nothing has been done.
    INGO_flag.gif
    patriot.gif

I think this question can be answered by looking at what the IRS does to people who don't pay their duty to the king. They will send SWAT teams with automatic weapons after you, freeze your bank accounts, possess your car and home. Even good-intentioned people fear the IRS, because they do whatever they please.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I don't like I when there are people that can work but don't. And then they think they're entitled to everything. I work my butt off and people sit there thinking they don't need to work bc we'll pay them to sit on there butts and be a pimple on society's butt. On the other hand there are those that can't work and need assistance. Not a big fan of welfare recipients getting tattoos an useless crap they don't need. Ok I'm done.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I'd be more for government sponsored handouts if they came with mandatory and random drug testing. On the same note I would also be for those busted with DUI's to loose privileges of said handouts as well. Now, I'm not cold-hearted. It wouldn't be a one and done thing. I believe in second chances. So if at any time someone violates this policy say twice in a calender year, there out. I think that is more than fair. Being that it is my stolen tax money that is funding their addictions.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    OK. Mind you I'm not trying to be disrespectful though it may seem that way. I want to see what the problem is. I am not a tax payer yet, all my jobs have been all under the table work. It's hard to be hired on as a greenhorn mechanic. Especially with the auto industry in the John. But, I want to see your side of the story. I do like the system because it helps my mom. I hate it because everyone doesn't want to do anything and everyone wants a piece. Let's face it, anyone would love to just sit back and get free money. But, that takes away from the people that NEED it. But it seems like SOME of you are against all people getting these services.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think you're misunderstanding the point they are trying to make. It's not that they think your mom is undeserving or is sponging off the system or that she's a bad person. The problem is that "the system" shouldn't be necessary. People should be allowed to keep what is theirs and not be obligated to support the needy if they don't want to do so. There would be private charities, churches, etc. there to provide assistance to the small percentage in your mom's situation who are truly in need of assistance. The issue is the manner in which all of us are forced to help out, not the help itself. I hope that clarifies.

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I think you're misunderstanding the point they are trying to make. It's not that they think your mom is undeserving or is sponging off the system or that she's a bad person. The problem is that "the system" shouldn't be necessary. People should be allowed to keep what is theirs and not be obligated to support the needy if they don't want to do so. There would be private charities, churches, etc. there to provide assistance to the small percentage in your mom's situation who are truly in need of assistance. The issue is the manner in which all of us are forced to help out, not the help itself. I hope that clarifies.

You make a very good point. Like I said, I wanted to get your side of the story. I was not being rude or angry. I just wanted to see why it P'd you guys off so much. But, I would like to point out that your taxes dont pay for just handouts to people. There are people that make sure we get our benefits, the HUD guy who inspects our home (even though he's kind of an a$$hole) he's provided with a job. I was provided with a job (under the table) fixing the house because it was unsafe for my mom. Taxes provided help for my mom to go to chicago to a school called "Leader Dog." (self explanitory. Nicest lab ever. Reminds me of our old Collie/shephard.) I do agree with you all that if these taxes are approaching 60%+ then there is a problem. Mainly because the taxes you pay are being thrown around easily for people who dont deserve them. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to know the other side. I didn't think it was really right to live from taxpayer money without knowing how you guys felt. Thank you Jsharmon7 for clarifying.:ingo::patriot:

P.S. I had a dream about this. Isn't that the strangest thing? lol

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    OK. Mind you I'm not trying to be disrespectful though it may seem that way. I want to see what the problem is. I am not a tax payer yet, all my jobs have been all under the table work.

In other words, you're a tax dodger. :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom