• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Iirc it wasn't the best there were a few others that actually had better performance but they wanted that modular system, they just had their hearts set on the modular system. Maybe some $ padded the right palms.
    Never understood why they wanted the modular system. They are not going to change calibers and for smaller hands they can switch frames, don't think that will happen either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then don't buy one. Seems simple enough. The trigger tab is a drop safety. Ask Sig how important one is.

I just equip my Glocks with the SCD, which mimics the safety functions of a hammer for holstering. I still prefer a TDA, but since Glock is My Official WorkPlace gun and I'm not terribly hardware concerned I carry Glock. Otherwise, I'd likely stay with the Sig P220 or P226. The only downside being a lack of a mated compact single stack other than the no-longer-produced P245/derivatives which isn't really that compact.
    I'm curious why you wouldn't go full size. Is concealment/plain clothes still an issue?

Elsewhere, I'm just getting salty because I've already chosen the FNP for winter carry and have several in 40 as well as 9. I prefer DA/SA with a decocker to any type of safety

I feel like I'm being told I have to love the Glock and learn to shoot around its drawbacks or I can't be a real man. I'm uncertain what a 40000 round torture test tells people anything that is meaningful for personal safety. At least at the heart of the Cult of MCMXI is a fine weapon that shoots quite well and has provenance and history. At the heart of the cult of Glock seems to be the same pissing contest about who's truck can tow more - capabilities that aren't particularly useful except for bragging rights

I carry a P-01 for deeper concealment, I could use my P229 but I wanted less weight

That is all

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious why you wouldn't go full size. Is concealment/plain clothes still an issue?

Different options for different uses, but with a common manual of arms, trigger feel, etc.

I can conceal a duty sized handgun in most methods of dress if I choose to. I cannot carry one as a BUG and carrying one while jogging would be needlessly burdensome, as examples.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since the US military chose the Sig P320s, that should be the only allowable choice for new shooters. It has been tested and approved as the best pistol.
    Purple intended I assume?

Not too many on INGO buy into the "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help" on a lot of topics.

That said, I really like some of the 320's, including the X-compacts with a Wilson Combat grip module especially, but the military selection had little to do with it for me. I still have some Glocks, but went from Glock to the M&P 2.0's and then onto the 320's. Carried and shot Glocks for years, but found I prefer some other guns over the Glock.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A lot of folks need to recalibrate their sarcasm detectors.
    Sad when a good question becomes a great conversation, but then turns into a 'mine-is-better' disagreement, rather than allow others to have their opinion, make a suggestion, etc...and everyone lives happily ever after!
    You have what you like...I have what I like...YEAH! Happy for you!
    Good thing there's a variety of different makes, models, manufacturer's, etc. to go around for everyone!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Iirc it wasn't the best there were a few others that actually had better performance but they wanted that modular system, they just had their hearts set on the modular system. Maybe some $ padded the right palms.
    From the information I have been able to gather, it is my understanding that the government set their 'standards' for the new pistol based on the Sig P-320's 'item description' and went from there! All other manufacturers who put forth a competitor had to meet the same standards that the Sig P-320 offered off the shelf.
    Who wouldn't want a new government contract to launch a new pistol with...???

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    You guys can keep your Glocks and be happy, I just refuse to carry a gun that I don't like. I will just keep carrying and shooting my obsolete, overpriced, under capacity, heavy 1911s. Been carrying one for 40 years, ain't changing now. Like any gun, practice with it and learn it and you will be fine. Just like automobiles, a old Geo Metro will get you where you want to go but, I'm not driving one of those either. To each their own.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From the information I have been able to gather, it is my understanding that the government set their 'standards' for the new pistol based on the Sig P-320's 'item description' and went from there! All other manufacturers who put forth a competitor had to meet the same standards that the Sig P-320 offered off the shelf.
    Did CZ make the P09 for it? It isn't a modular system is ir? 0r did they not submit it like Ruger's American 9mm. I've owned the Ruger American 9mm it's built like a tank. It runs reliable and shoots everything. Over 2,000rds. I ran 800rds in one day between my boys, daughter and SIL and grandchildren without cleaning or lubrication. I gave it to my youngest son he fell in love with it.

Here is a glowing review of the Ruger American 9mm

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    It's obvious Sig was chosen well before the MHS testing. The biggest surprise I think was the FBI choice. There criteria fit the 320 perfectly. Somehow Glock slipped in there and got their contract with the M models. That of course led to the Gen 5 models coming to market.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    You guys can keep your Glocks and be happy, I just refuse to carry a gun that I don't like. I will just keep carrying and shooting my obsolete, overpriced, under capacity, heavy 1911s. Been carrying one for 40 years, ain't changing now. Like any gun, practice with it and learn it and you will be fine. Just like automobiles, a old Geo Metro will get you where you want to go but, I'm not driving one of those either. To each their own.
    I have a Ruger Commander 1911...and it's AWESOME!
    If I had to have or keep just one (1) gun...I'd be hard-pressed not to pick the 1911!
    In many ways, old school still rulz!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    OUTRAGEOUS! I’ll drive a Yugo or Pinto any day over one of those Geo’s!
    Better'n a 'smart' car...
    My kids call those 'stupid' cars...
    Because, while you might look smart while driving one but if you ever get into an accident, you'll end up looking pretty darn stupid as a result!
    (Note: I have 24 years experience as a volunteer EMT...I have absolutely NO CLUE where they get their perspective from...???)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Better'n a 'smart' car...
    My kids call those 'stupid' cars...
    Because, while you might look smart while driving one but if you ever get into an accident, you'll end up looking pretty darn stupid as a result!
    (Note: I have 24 years experience as a volunteer EMT...I have absolutely NO CLUE where they get their perspective from...???)
    The other thing is, they're not even highly efficient. If you wanted mileage, you'd be much better of with a Prius - which would be more versatile as well. The same thing is true of scooter v motorcycle. I just can't see anything driving those purchase decisions beyond emotion

There is some possibility of
    accommodation of larger people being an attraction (like is apparently true for the VW new beetle) since both folks I know with Smarts are, counterintuitively, beyond 300lb-ers

Top Bottom