• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I thought that way until last summer and all the crap that went down with the BLM / Antifa crap...that's when I added a 9mm to the rotation, and in the process, added capacity to the equation.
    Still like my 5-shot 340DAO...but when I'm out with the family, being able to better defend them against larger numbers, if necessary, became a factor.
    The reason I
    Got a sbs and sbr and will carry in my truck.
    You may find yourself in the wrong place and time real quick these days. Even in the burbs.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    What! No love for the Kahr series of pistols. I started with revolvers and felt that the long double-action trigger pull was great. My biggest concern was only having 5 rounds to use in a defensive situation and reloading of the revolver was slow compared to auto pistols. Well to get into the auto pistol game, I purchased a Browning BDM so that I could have the best of both actions. While I liked the BDM and the higher capacity, it was not what I wanted to carry on a daily basis. I tried some other auto pistols and while each had good and bad points, I ended up getting a Kahr CW-9. The CW-9 is very slim and feels good when wearing concealed in a holster. With 7 round magazines, capacity is adequate for self-defense situations, and if more capacity is required a spare magazine is easy to carry.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you've built a solid index, further then you think...as long as you don't change anything. Rotate your hips 15 degrees, or do it while taking a step, or move the target 5' left from your center line and you'll probably find the rails fall off pretty quickly as the feeling changes. Which will further show you the learned experience vs natural.
    I won't be doing much shooting until my knee heals up and I can get to moving again.

But I'll let you know how it goes when I get out and try it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Carried a G19 for the last 7 years as my off-duty, concealed carry rig. That is until I just bought a G43X and added a few Shield Arms 15rd metal mags. LOVE this gun. I carry the same number of rounds as my G19 but 2/3 the size.
    M43X is a fine pistol and is my own carry pistol.

We have an embarrassment of riches as to pistol choices. Software is to hardware as 3 is to 1.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Since the US military chose the Sig P320s, that should be the only allowable choice for new shooters. It has been tested and approved as the best pistol.
    Not so fast there pilgrim… while Sig has invested heavily in many areas recently.. including going after the contract… by few means, they are not the best. Slide and frame failures abound….(true enough they are dealing with the issues) revolving door models and options…production changes. Etc and last but not least financial security (legal issues here and in Germany) will determine the best product years down the road. For me, as I have shot many 320’s and spin offs, the future of this company and product will tell the whole story. I, for one, believe they have a good foundation for the universal platform, I can hope that the settled down final version (a work in progress) will be the ONE. Until then, I will not be divorcing my revolver, 1911 or CZ’s any time soon.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Carried a G19 for the last 7 years as my off-duty, concealed carry rig. That is until I just bought a G43X and added a few Shield Arms 15rd metal mags. LOVE this gun. I carry the same number of rounds as my G19 but 2/3 the size.
    I stuck with the OEM mags, but I'm also really liking the 43X. I've got the standard qual'd as an off duty now and have an MOS on standby if we can carry dots.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Since the US military chose the Sig P320s, that should be the only allowable choice for new shooters. It has been tested and approved as the best pistol.
    I sincerely hope that you're simply kidding...many of the USA 3-letter agencies chose the Glock platform.
    I know a former Army Ranger and SF Operator, and he felt the Glock platform was the better capable of the choices available (note: he did NOT speak disparingly of those involved in the selection process) as the Glock was a more proven platform rather than a new and unproven (as we've since seen) design.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The only thing I would add is consider a gun family. Do they make a full size, compact and subcompact all with the same controls. When one wants to dress for the occasion, I think it's better if all the practice easily transfers.

Never understood how one can have a midsized glock, a full size Beretta and a subcompact revolver and be equally proficient....with all other circumstances equal.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Why do we need multiple platforms for military and government agencies? Like some here pointed out they should be made to train with a full size duty pistol and get good or get out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why do we need multiple platforms for military and government agencies? Like some here pointed out they should be made to train with a full size duty pistol and get good or get out.

A lot of agencies do exactly that. This is *the* issued handgun. On some rare occasions, there are legitimate physical issues that prevent decent performance. If you have mouse hands you are not going to shoot a Glock 21 that well, comparatively. Those are addressed individually.

The ones with multiple options tend to have multiple missions with a different gun for different positions (ie, covert carry vs uniformed open carry) or issue a backup as well as a primary. It's not about "get good" as smaller guns are seldom easier to shoot guns.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    One thing we aren't short of on INGO is opinions.. I've been carrying a Glock 19 for many years but have somewhat transitioned to the 19X/45 platform recently.. I know what works for me but the only way for you to make the decision on what is best for you is training.
    I agree, I too have gone to the g45, your 19 is going to be more concealable though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    "tested and approved as the best pistol"

Not sure about that since the MHS testing was cut short and the Military went with the cheapest bid. Not saying anything bad about the M17/M18 they are fine pistols but there are reasons a few of the special teams use Glocks. I had the opportunity to shoot the M17 before they became really popular in the public market. It was a good shooter and very accurate. With that said after shooting the Glock 19X which was Glock's MHS submission (only difference is no external safety) I went that route. It just fit me better and I shot it just as well as the M17.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :blahblah:

Four pages of my life gone :ugh:.

I type that jokingly and with love of course…..seriously guys I have basically decided it is in my best interest to listen to BBI, BW and few others I didn’t just list. Thanks guys.

Get over the grip angle, feel, how it points discussion. Now I will be the first to admit that people with small hands and big handguns will have trouble. For example my smurf hands struggle with the Sig P226 and Beretta 92. Regardless, pick a gun that is reliable, had good availability of magazines and holsters, has good/visible sights and a workable trigger. Glocks check all those boxes pretty effectively and the G26/G19 are the quintessential example of a do all handgun.

For the record a slimmed down commander sized 1911 is the perfect carry gun! :thumbsup:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What if you just don't like striker fired, safety :smirk: trigger handguns

When Glock makes a hammer fired offering, maybe I'll try a little harder to like one

Then don't buy one. Seems simple enough. The trigger tab is a drop safety. Ask Sig how important one is.

I just equip my Glocks with the SCD, which mimics the safety functions of a hammer for holstering. I still prefer a TDA, but since Glock is My Official WorkPlace gun and I'm not terribly hardware concerned I carry Glock. Otherwise, I'd likely stay with the Sig P220 or P226. The only downside being a lack of a mated compact single stack other than the no-longer-produced P245/derivatives which isn't really that compact.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Iirc it wasn't the best there were a few others that actually had better performance but they wanted that modular system, they just had their hearts set on the modular system. Maybe some $ padded the right palms.

Top Bottom