• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, actually I'm hoping we didn't kill it by cutting a major root that was causing issues for an underground sprinkler line. Probably won't know until next year.

That thing will probably cost me some bucks to get taken out and I can imagine that the getting the stump ground would be a major issue as well given that there are sprinkler lines, deck and lighting all very, very close to it. If I were to proactively take it down (wife would not be too happy), I can imagine it would be part of a larger complete deck replacement, etc project, which would be major $$$
    Sure would be a shame if it suddenly died. :whistle:

Its for cut stumps, but have heard it can be actively absorbed by roots and also kill trees. I think it was here I was warned to be VERY careful and not use it near trees I wanted to keep.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't know the brand of these gutter screens, as they were already here when I bought the house.
    But we've been here over 5 years, there are Silver Maple trees around, and I've NEVER had to clean the gutters or anything.
    They've worked really well for us.

View attachment 147062
    This is the stuff that was quoted to me for $3600. The demo was cool and it looks like it is well engineered but just too pricey to be practical for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I use Tordon to kill autumn/Russian olive. Cut it and paint the stump full strength works. One of the few things that actually does the job.
    I found out the other day what RTU stands for... Ready To Use.

That bottle you buy at TSC shouldnt be dilluted.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I always loved going to the Bean Blossom bike rally every year. Love the area
    A friend has a log cabin up in da hills near Bean Blossom. Wife and me stayed there on our honeymoon back in '94.

Unbeknownst to us, it was also the week of the bike rally. For a couple of sheltered kids from a cornfield in northern Indiana, we saw a lot of interesting things. :D

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Irony:

Here we're talking about a topic with a lot of different ideas and experiences. No one is taking it personally or getting worked up. Just some good exchanges of ideas and experiences, and all of it being accepted like adults.

If you shift this to a gun or political topic then there would be a RADICALLY different interaction.

:oldwise::dunno:

Last edited:

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I built this from pvc pipe, 1-90, 1-45, and a Fernco coupling to add to my blower. When it’s had time to dry out, I will blow out the gutters clean in 10 minutes. I got rid of my guards and find this is the easiest method.View attachment 147011
    My son bought an attachment like this for his Husqvarna leaf blower, works great! I don't know if it was a Husqvarna brand or aftermarket. Got lots of options when I googlefo'd it.

Top Bottom