GUNSTORES...leaving wondering why you even went...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    Lately, everytime I want to go, I already know what I will find, who Ill deal with, and tell my self its probably just not worth it...then I go, bc you never know what you might just find...but more often than not I have left wondering why I didnt talk myself outta going.

Ive got my 2 that I love, and will always give some $$$ to before leaving, but most, I just dont bother anymore...

My drive time continues to expand the more I explore my next favorite shop...

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well thanks for sharing I guess. Inventory is tough to come buy and most have been working like crazy for an extended period. If you don't like a place, vote with your wallet.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Lately, everytime I want to go, I already know what I will find, who Ill deal with, and tell my self its probably just not worth it...then I go, bc you never know what you might just find...but more often than not I have left wondering why I didnt talk myself outta going.

Ive got my 2 that I love, and will always give some $$$ to before leaving, but most, I just dont bother anymore...

My drive time continues to expand the more I explore my next favorite shop...
    Nope, doesn't bother me if they don't have anything I want. I usually go to see what "older" firearms they may have and the current prices. Occasionally I find something I just can't live without! To me it is entertainment - I have collected firearms for many years. Really like looking in Pawn shops and GS's just to explore...To me it beats movies or TV.:):

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I honestly can't fault the shop owners when I walk in, given the current climate.
    If I feel the need I run in and look around. The other day I found a stash of 16 gauge shot shells and chuckled after a previous thread on here. As I stood talking with the guy at the counter a older gentleman walked in grabbed the boxes of 16 gauge and walked to the counter and said "gotta get em when I can find em!".

Seems to be the mentality now.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    mossberg vs maverick

looking very seriously to get a home "D" shot gun. I know Mossberg makes both the Maverick and the (Duh) Mossberg family of guns. Local Lgs has Mavericks for $266 (Is this a good price) Dunhams has the 500 for $322. Which (dumb Question) is the better buy? Any advice appreciated .... And why..

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    looking very seriously to get a home "D" shot gun. I know Mossberg makes both the Maverick and the (Duh) Mossberg family of guns. Local Lgs has Mavericks for $266 (Is this a good price) Dunhams has the 500 for $322. Which (dumb Question) is the better buy? Any advice appreciated .... And why..

Might start your own thread in the long gun section instead of randomly jacking this one.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    thread jack

Might start your own thread in the long gun section instead of randomly jacking this one.

My apologies, I didn't realize I was "jacking anything. However I will move my post to the proper sectinon, while you kiss my A$$

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My apologies, I didn't realize I was "jacking anything. However I will move my post to the proper sectinon, while you kiss my A$$

A little tender today aren't we.
    I was thinking the same thing so do I have to Kiss you as well.
    Do you kiss your kids with that mouth...just curious.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Can't we all just get along?

No this is ingo....

honey-Im-tired-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I did the same thing last night but I went anyways, and I found some good deals while I was there, so sometimes its worth it, have some faith.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    When your hobby is frequenting gun stores, you have to realize that others don't view it in the same way. Go to a museum. Go see an IMAX movie. Volunteer at the food bank.

There is more to life than looking at empty store shelves.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Inventory is tough to come buy and most have been working like crazy for an extended period. If you don't like a place, vote with your wallet.
    Agreed.

I'm new at this. Just bought my first firearm, a shotgun, a few weeks ago. So far, I've visited four gun shops in the Indianapolis area plus the hunting departments at a Dick's Sporting Goods and a Walmart. I've also attended one gun show.

My general impression is that it's a sellers market. If an gun store customer feels they've been treated badly and walks out without buying, some other guy is probably already standing in line to snatch up what the first guy passed over. The LGS's know this.

And, I've been treated that way personally. I walked out of one LGS without buying anything because of what I perceived to be cavalier treatment. Two more guys were on their way in as I left, so I'm confident my money was not missed by that particular store. And, frankly, I doubt it will be missed in the future because I doubt I'll go back.

You guys who have been at this awhile are just going to have to live with it. The current gun and ammo buying craze may calm down with prices and availability coming back in line. Or, it may not.

We'll probably never see gasoline for less than $2.50/gallon, either.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    To the original poster...I am disappointed in gun stores these days but in no way fault the shops themselves...

I'll keep sticking my head in to see what they have. Granted, I don't drive an hour to see what they have. I will just stop in when I'm in the area if time allows.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    When your hobby is frequenting gun stores, you have to realize that others don't view it in the same way. Go to a museum. Go see an IMAX movie. Volunteer at the food bank.

There is more to life than looking at empty store shelves.

I would volunteer at an animal shelter before I would at a food bank.

Top Bottom