• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I have never used Bud's . Are they the "walmart" of the gun business ? ....

as in--- try to run the local guys out of business .?

Is that " one " of the reasons PSS and others don't want to work with them ?

Sorry if these are dumb questions . I never have bought from Bud's and really don't know anything about them other than the power of Google:popcorn:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I can't say enough good about the local gun shops here in Southern Indiana (Falls City Firearms, Orion Arms, and 111 Gun Shop{even though they recently jumped the river to Louisville} ). I've saved literally thousands of dollars from having a good rapport with the owners and salesmen in the shops and once they get to know your tastes, they direct you to guns that they know you'll come to cherish. In appreciation, I direct people looking to buy or sell to these shops if I know the shop and the individual would benefit from the exchange.

This is not a complex concept.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, they are just ALL a bunch of sour puss curmudgeons that live to make life miserable for the rest of us! Gun store employees suck.

:popcorn:

I try.:D I tell you what Jetgirl. I think I just got my new sign for my desk. "Sour Puss Curmudgeon. Speak to at your own risk!!!"

You know you should maybe start writing for Hallmark.;)

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Sorry if these are dumb questions . I never have bought from Bud's and really don't know anything about them other than the power of Google:popcorn:

I take transfers from Bud's guns and I see it as a positive. I.E. a person that has never been into the shop will now come in at least once to pick up his/her transfer and may see something they can't live without.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bite it, diuckyboy!

(How was that? :D)

Z
    Z
    21904_512x288_manicured__pGpw-p+bmUGx9u2+t2uJjQ.jpg

Richard: "Name something that people like to bite."

Beldar: "The big one."

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This is an interesting thread.

I have bought every single gun I own thru a shop in Shelbyville, The Gun Den.

I have never had a bad experiance, but then I have never shopped at any of the other places, I was given a free crush washer I needed ASAP at Elmores, I expected to have to pay for it, that was nice.

I had no idea there was so much angst related to the purchase of guns.

I just gunbroker the stuff, or order what I want, have it transferred, and walk off. Or just buy a nice cherry model 10-5 from right off the shelf.. like I did yesterday :)

I ...... kinda fail to see how thats complex / difficult, but obviously it can be.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

Go to Plainfield Shooting Supplies, Bob probably has the gun and you won't find it cheaper anyplace else.

I really haven't found Bud's to be anything to take home to Momma. For example, I just purchased a Walther PPQ from PPS today for $91.47 LESS than I could from Bud's. And I took it home today.
    It's been like that with my last three purchases from PPS. The same with my last purchase from Bradis.

PS And yes....all of them always treat me nice. What's up with that??

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I really haven't found Bud's to be anything to take home to Momma. For example, I just purchased a Walther PPQ from PPS today for $91.47 LESS than I could from Bud's. And I took it home today.
    It's been like that with my last three purchases from PPS. The same with my last purchase from Bradis.

I typically see things much lower at BUDS but it depends on the item, the PPQ is an unusual one in that I have seen prices on those from the 580's down to 505.00 when on special.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

wowzers you got a good deal, Buds has it listed for $550, and the "at cost" list I have lists it around $470, $10 below cost is pretty good

KAbraham

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Indy
    I've been looking for a local FFL dealer!

Pretty suprising about a couple of local shops that have received lots of rave reviews on this forum (IGS and Indy Trading Post). Sounds like you're in Indy so if you're really through with those three, try Richard over @ Richard's guns. He's done a couple of transfers for me and he's a good man to deal with. His very good about returning emails and PM's - you can get him on this forum.....userid michiana. Good luck!

http://www.richards-guns.com/

Outstanding!! I will... I've been looking for someone on this side of town... Last time I had Gander Mountain handle my FFL they charged me $75 for the honor of doing so... Seem a bit excessive to you???? :draw:

Top Bottom