• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I agree. I think that people see the police so they assume that it is the best thing to do. I just wonder if they would think the same thing if say the North Porter Conservation Club were to do a similar event.

I think that is a great idea. Wonder how Clubs like that would feel about the kind of press they might get though? :dunno:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I just did an interview with a reporter for the Indianapolis Star - Kristine Guerra - about the effectiveness of gun buy-back programs. I'm concrrned that she was horribly confused by the whole issue. I'm not optimistic about how the article is going to turn out.

Guy

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll be there at noon. Look for the young guy in green shorts.

About that... I think the goal is to make the public understand that we're just normal folk. Maybe instead of the green shorts switch to a themed outfit so you look more normal? :p

He_Man_Costume_Bad_Superhero_Costumes-s360x564-65304-580.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I would have liked to been there for the interview to see how much spin was applied. My instruments of death and crime are all locked down cozy and safe. I wonder what kind of trouble I will get into with them today.

Again, it is not a good idea to go out to this thing today with the intent to buy from those folks turning in their old beaters to the LEO. Just a bad idea.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ummm, gee, I wonder why the paper did not mention that the gun buy back was also several felonies in motion? Firearms on School Property, Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice and CBO?
    Looks like they decided to stay off school property:
    The event is at noon at a vacant lot across the street from Challenge Foundation Academy, which is at 3980 Meadows Drive.

Oh, and Guy... Doesn't look like you said much? At least the reporting seems to have stuck with the "buy-backs don't really do anything" message.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Who was the guy that was detained, cuffed, and issued a summons for attempting to buy firearms in direct competition with the police today?

That was JDMack79.

Enforcer831

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Who was the guy that was detained, cuffed, and issued a summons for attempting to buy firearms in direct competition with the police today?

That was JDMack79.

Seriously? I went over there around noon and decided not to pursue anything do to the number of police around. What crime was he accused of?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Seriously? I went over there around noon and decided not to pursue anything do to the number of police around. What crime was he accused of?

Dunno. He was released before I got through the line to sell the POSs I had.

Enforcer831

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I can't say either way if he committed an infraction, crime, or ordinance violation. All I know is what I saw.

For his sake, I hope it is nothing more than them trying to scare him and others away from trying to buy anything.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Do you think there would be any legal ramifications or hinderences if a sporting club, or some people from INGO tried to sponsor something like this? I just wonder what the public response would be to a non law enforcement agency hosting this type of event.

I suspect the participants would be charged by ATF for dealing in firearms without a license.

Top Bottom