• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    You all are aware that is right north of the hood. The meadows area was and still is not a place to hang around after dark if your skin is a bit on the light side. Those folks down that way have little in the way of a sense of humor. Not saying don't go but do go in numbers.
    The guns these cats will be turning in are probably not worth the effort or the exposier.
    This is of course just my humble opinion from working in the area and never being without my EDC.

^This

I too am familiar with the area. I can't imagine there would be much worth looking at if you are looking to buy, and nobody there would really get the point you are trying to make (if you are trying to make one).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With a LEO in force presence and news coverage....no thanks. If you step in and try to buy something from someone in line I have a feeling it will be looked on poorly. I would not disrupt that circus.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    With a LEO in force presence and news coverage....no thanks. If you step in and try to buy something from someone in line I have a feeling it will be looked on poorly. I would not disrupt that circus.

Not to mention that a selective arrest for the possession of firearms upon school property not intended for the "buyback", is certainly possible.

Best to conduct business across the street from the driveway. Allow people to think that you are the one's running the show.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Is there a way to check if they are stolen before purchasing? Would the PD let you know if you called in the serial numbers?

Yeah that will work. Im sure the Police will be more than happy to help you out. After all that is the point of the whole circus, to get guns into the hands of law abiding citizens, right?

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    It wasn't a club, it was John Boch at "Guns Save Lives":

‘Guns Save Life’ Handling Blowback from Chicago Buyback Caper | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

They are the essence of grass roots activists.

Why thank you. Yes, it was fun. No, I wasn't directly involved. It was three of our Guns Save Life members to executed the deal. And dozens of members who donated their junk to be traded for cash.

We've used the money to help further firearm safety training and education to young people in order to make our streets safer!

Guys, I'd recommend waiting until next year in June for Chicago's event. If they give away $100 again, that's good money for junk.

Also, there's a church in Urbana, IL that's supposed to be having a $100 per gun "buy back" event before the end of this month.

All the best,

John

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Why thank you. Yes, it was fun. No, I wasn't directly involved. It was three of our Guns Save Life members to executed the deal. And dozens of members who donated their junk to be traded for cash.

We've used the money to help further firearm safety training and education to young people in order to make our streets safer!

Guys, I'd recommend waiting until next year in June for Chicago's event. If they give away $100 again, that's good money for junk.

Also, there's a church in Urbana, IL that's supposed to be having a $100 per gun "buy back" event before the end of this month.

All the best,

John

Commendable use of the system. And excellent response to Holly Bergren. Did you receive any further correspondence from her?

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    So sell them that gun you used in that murder, clean get away.

If I did a murder, I'd probably make sure it got lost in a tragic boating accident, but save that, yes - a "no questions asked" turn in would be an ideal way to dispose of said gun and make some $ at the same time.

I don't think most criminals want anything to do with the po-po though!

A MUCH better use of this tomfoolery is to do as we did: take scrap junk and turn it in for money to be used for a good cause!

John

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I just think it would be such a shame if something good or desirable or valuable fell into the hands of the anti's, and I'd be willing to put out some cash to prevent it. If it's really junk, fine, but if some grandma's bringing in her husband's WWII bringbacks, or some fine hunting SGs, I consider it a duty to see them treated better than that. I missed out on some a GF's great aunt turned in for nothing, but said she'd've given to me. I don't even want to speculate what was in that lot. It would make me sad.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Do you think there would be any legal ramifications or hinderences if a sporting club, or some people from INGO tried to sponsor something like this? I just wonder what the public response would be to a non law enforcement agency hosting this type of event.

I like the way you think Mike..... Or Todd:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Do you think there would be any legal ramifications or hinderences if a sporting club, or some people from INGO tried to sponsor something like this? I just wonder what the public response would be to a non law enforcement agency hosting this type of event.

I don't really see the point of law enforcement being involved in this one, other than to illegally allow it to happen at a school.

They aren't running the numbers to check for criminal history..

They aren't running the numbers to check for stolen weapons..

Top Bottom