• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you aren't very rich or not a police officer, your chances of getting sued are extremely low....and if you are rich of LEO, it's just rare.

Isn't that why we are actually talking about the Simons being sued? Because of their deep pockets?

:dunno:

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Isn't that why we are actually talking about the Simons being sued? Because of their deep pockets?

:dunno:
    I entered the conversation when the discussion was about suing the hero.

A suit against a property owner for any kind of injury on the premises is reasonably common.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I entered the conversation when the discussion was about suing the hero.

A suit against a property owner for any kind of injury on the premises is reasonably common.

Hammer and Nigel just announced on the air that they are having the attorney involved in this lawsuit on their show at 4:35...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Families of the three killed in the shooting have now filed suit against Simon as well:

So, does this mean that the families of homicide victims can sue teh city of Indy, IMPD, Et all if they are ‘kilt in da streets’? What a crock. Yes, it was a horrible thing that happened but how do you blame the mall For what some rando psycho does?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, does this mean that the families of homicide victims can sue teh city of Indy, IMPD, Et all if they are ‘kilt in da streets’? What a crock. Yes, it was a horrible thing that happened but how do you blame the mall For what some rando psycho does?
    You blame them for prohibiting guns in their malls. Thank goodness Mr. Dicken didn't abide by their stupid rule.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am always disappointed in these suits. In my view a better approach would be a suit that the venue owner cost my loved one their life or limb by infringing on the natural right of self-defense by disarming me, and NOT thereafter providing adequate protection.

Win a couple of those and the venues will either lose the "no guns" signs, or have security like Fort Knox.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sent this as a suggested correction:

Replace: " The gunman was eventually shot and killed by then-22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, a legally armed citizen visiting the mall."

With: "The gunman was shot and killed in 15 seconds by then-22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, a legally armed citizen visiting the mall."

Edit: if anybody (or everybody) wants to send the above suggested correction to Fox 59, go for it!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Sent this as a suggested correction:

Replace: " The gunman was eventually shot and killed by then-22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, a legally armed citizen visiting the mall."

With: "The gunman was shot and killed in 15 seconds by then-22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, a legally armed citizen visiting the mall."

Edit: if anybody (or everybody) wants to send the above suggested correction to Fox 59, go for it!!
    Doubt they respond or make any change. I sent a reporter an email about his story of the first WAWA in Indiana coming to Indianapolis. His story was incorrect the first one is already under construction in Clarksville Indiana. No response to my email or correction that I saw.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Doubt they respond or make any change. I sent a reporter an email about his story of the first WAWA in Indiana coming to Indianapolis. His story was incorrect the first one is already under construction in Clarksville Indiana. No response to my email or correction that I saw.
    The fun part is the filling of the inboxes.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    You blame them for prohibiting guns in their malls. Thank goodness Mr. Dicken didn't abide by their stupid rule.
    Did the deceased ever actually carry a firearm? Did they even own any guns? It’s a moot point, since the signs aren’t backed up by law, you can decide to ignore them if you choose.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did the deceased ever actually carry a firearm? Did they even own any guns? It’s a moot point, since the signs aren’t backed up by law, you can decide to ignore them if you choose.
    Their argument is that if the mall wants to prohibit guns, then they are personally responsible for the safety of their patrons. I agree. I hope Simon goes broke over this.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Maybe in a state where signs have force of law, but here I don't see it working.

First of all just don't go there. Secondly carry if you do go there.

I was at a convention last month in Ohio. The hotel that we were at had no gun signs. I was not happy but I still went there, unarmed.

Top Bottom