• ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok hear me out here.

He had two rifles. He spent an hour waiting. Waiting for what? He destroyed his communication devices. Was he waiting for a second person? Was he waiting for his handler that of course was never gonna show? What’s with these people lately having multiple rifles? You can only shoot one per person……

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I can't confirm this as fact but.......

View attachment 212665

Ok hear me out here.

He had two rifles. He spent an hour waiting. Waiting for what? He destroyed his communication devices. Was he waiting for a second person? Was he waiting for his handler that of course was never gonna show? What’s with these people lately having multiple rifles? You can only shoot one per person……
    :lala::koolaid:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Ok hear me out here.

Earlier in thread someone said he might have been scrolling the news to see his apartment blow up and having the response sent there, then start his attack.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Earlier in thread someone said he might have been scrolling the news to see his apartment blow up and having the response sent there, then start his attack.
    Agree…. However he brings up a point about maybe waiting for another to maybe show up. At this point I wouldn’t even rule out a FBI agent was his “handler”.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok hear me out here.

I think the pathetic puke was sitting in there trying to psych himself up to go through with it and probably crying because boohoo life got a little too tough.
    But then again anything is possible

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I think the pathetic puke was sitting in there trying to psych himself up to go through with it and probably crying because boohoo life got a little too tough.
    But then again anything is possible
    Honestly, memes aside, these do seem like the most likely possibilities to me. The whole thing with having a similar kit to the Uvalde shooter could just have been copycatting as well.

But I also recognize that given the state of our government and our country right now, we'd be at least a bit foolish to completely discard other possibilities off hand.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Honestly, memes aside, these do seem like the most likely possibilities to me. The whole thing with having a similar kit to the Uvalde shooter could just have been copycatting as well.

But I also recognize that given the state of our government and our country right now, we'd be at least a bit foolish to completely discard other possibilities off hand.
    Given the timeline required to purchase the firearms, I don't see how it could be a case of copycatting. Mere coincidence, perhaps - or, not, depending on your amenability to certain conspiracy theories.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's the gun control lot in the news, that brought up how calling Eli a "Good Samaritan" was a misappropriation of scripture.
    IMO this is what makes it relevant to the conversation, but Kelly has asked us not to go there in this thread so I will abide by that directive.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Please keep the discussion in this thread on topic.
    Should the discussion of a) local officials referring to the hero as a "Good Samaritan", and b) certain people decrying that title due to its biblical implications be moved to a different thread? The discussion is relevant to the incident, but perhaps it is tangential to this thread. Happy to discuss it in another thread, if it is generally off-topic here.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Scrolling on what? The phone and laptop were left in toilet and oven right?

I wonder if there was anything else found with the body?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Scrolling on what? The phone and laptop were left in toilet and oven right?

I wonder if there was anything else found with the body?

He was in the bathroom for over an hour, correct.

Would putting the phone in the toilet at the mall be more likely, upon entering the bathroom stall, or as one of the last things the killer did before exiting the stall?

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Given the timeline required to purchase the firearms, I don't see how it could be a case of copycatting. Mere coincidence, perhaps - or, not, depending on your amenability to certain conspiracy theories.
    There are a fair number of people who are thinking of the possibility at any one time. When the Media play up a mass murder, all the media attention incentivizes some of the potential killers to actually do what they have thought about. It is why these mass murders occur in clusters. This phenomena is known as "the copycat effect" or "media contagion". It is well recognized and studied.

Stop with the media giving fame to these killers, and you stop most of these type of mass murders.

The media get political power, advancement of their narrative, and considerable clicks and money from their promotion of these events.

Given time, most potential killers grow out of the their problems and their thoughts of suicide and mass murder, before putting those thoughts into action.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Ok hear me out here.

He may have had a plan to empty the magazine on the 1st rifle - switch to the 2nd rifle (already loaded) -- before having to change magazines

Being mobile he was limited in how many he could move with ... --- that guy in Vegas (2017) had 23 rifles loaded & modified in the Hotel room

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There are a fair number of people who are thinking of the possibility at any one time. When the Media play up a mass murder, all the media attention incentivizes some of the potential killers to actually do what they have thought about. It is why these mass murders occur in clusters. This phenomena is known as "the copycat effect" or "media contagion". It is well recognized and studied.

Stop with the media giving fame to these killers, and you stop most of these type of mass murders.

The media get political power, advancement of their narrative, and considerable clicks and money from their promotion of these events.

Given time, most potential killers grow out of the their problems and their thoughts of suicide and mass murder, before putting those thoughts into action.
    I understand the copycat phenomenon, and agree that it is unwise to give such notoriety to killers.

My point here was that the timeline between the commission of the Uvalde incident (and, therefore, the identification of the rifles used in that incident) and the Greenwood Park Mall shooter's purchase of the rifles used in that incident doesn't work. The latter purchased the firearms before the former committed his act (and thus, before the identification of the firearms he used).

Top Bottom