• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. I mean. It's just thugs shooting at each other and not hitting anything. Hopefully. Can you have such bad aim that you can't even accidentally shoot anyone? Probably not. I'd rather not argue about which is worse. But one thing about it, the media drops it like a used rubber when it's gang violence. No political gains to be made there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. I mean. It's just thugs shooting at each other and not hitting anything. Hopefully. Can you have such bad aim that you can't even accidentally shoot anyone? Probably not. I'd rather not argue about which is worse. But one thing about it, the media drops it like a used rubber when it's gang violence. No political gains to be made there.
    Yep. No gains. Only downsides for their boy on the 25th floor. (and democrat led city council)

No hard questions, no complaining that he wont do serious pressers. Only fluff pieces like road work, weather warnings, new city parks, etc.

And not one "journalist" will ask where he was the weekend of the "Mostly Peaceful Protests"(tm). And the problem isnt that he is Mayor. Its that he is also the self appointed head of public safety. THAT is what makes that question doubly important.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven’t been to a mall anywhere for probably 20 years. The possible exception would be an outlot restaurant or peripheral store. My impression of malls, based on the last times I went to them, was that they were becoming hangouts for people there not to do the same kind of shopping I was.

Is it any wonder businesses like Amazon have grown so much over the years.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven’t been to a mall anywhere for probably 20 years. The possible exception would be an outlot restaurant or peripheral store. My impression of malls, based on the last times I went to them, was that they were becoming hangouts for people there not to do the same kind of shopping I was.

Is it any wonder businesses like Amazon have grown so much over the years.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Getting ready for the "Great Christmas Blizzard that wasn't" I figured I'd head to Meijer or Walmart to get some shorts. Seeing how Winter is just starting to hit, stores should be setting out their Summer stuff about now, right? I always found this sort of thing extremely stupid that stores would start putting out stuff so far in advance of the actual season it was for. Then thought about how that likely drives a lot of Amazon business. That plus what you're talking about are probably good reasons why brick and mortars lose business.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Getting ready for the "Great Christmas Blizzard that wasn't" I figured I'd head to Meijer or Walmart to get some shorts. Seeing how Winter is just starting to hit, stores should be setting out their Summer stuff about now, right? I always found this sort of thing extremely stupid that stores would start putting out stuff so far in advance of the actual season it was for. Then thought about how that likely drives a lot of Amazon business. That plus what you're talking about are probably good reasons why brick and mortars lose business.
    Yup.
    Hey, my coat got F'd up, I better go get another.
    Nope, swimsuits are out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yup.
    Nope, swimsuits are out.
    Yeah, my brother and I were talking about this very thing yesterday. Thankfully, with my iPad I’m no longer limited by what the local stores decide to stock and when. He went after something seasonal, during the season they had already put that stuff away and were on to the next thing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's like when you try to buy something that's not the 'newest and greatest'.
    Nope, they stopped selling it years ago.

I needed a cat5 splitter.
    1671906084379.png

My Christmas light show controller daisy chains cat 5 from controller to controller.
    So, one in, and one out.
    When you break a socket, then you can make it the last one in the chain.
    Break one in a second controller, and now you're F'd, unless you want to solder in the box.

So, I spent the good part of a day checking out all the Best Buys, Office Depots, and such.
    Trying to 'buy local'.
    Ended up buying it on Amazon in just a few minutes.

My mom mentioned 'you should support local stores'.
    I told her I did TRY.
    But if they don't want to stock it, or order it, then I'm not really taking their business away, because they DON'T SELL IT.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yup.
    Nope, swimsuits are out.
    I have had that happen when I needed to buy an air conditioner. Went in to Lowes and they were all gone. Asked about it and they had none in stock, replaced with Christmas décor. My tenant was not happy as we had a hot end of fall that year.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'll take thugs shooting each other over a wacko killing random innocent people any day of the week.

The only thing upsetting about it is the location.
    Yep. Neither are great situations to be in, but I know which I'll take. Thug shootings are over in a few seconds, all you gotta do is duck behind something solid and then evac.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. No gains. Only downsides for their boy on the 25th floor. (and democrat led city council)

No hard questions, no complaining that he wont do serious pressers. Only fluff pieces like road work, weather warnings, new city parks, etc.

And not one "journalist" will ask where he was the weekend of the "Mostly Peaceful Protests"(tm). And the problem isnt that he is Mayor. Its that he is also the self appointed head of public safety. THAT is what makes that question doubly important.
    I don't know your mayor. I suspect if he's like about any Democratic Mayor of a large-ish American city I can use my imagination.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Is the mall safe now? I'm sure the shooters are good boys who unfortunately got into a gun fight.
    Originally reported to us by text that several people were shot in the mall. This from a guy who claims, among other things, to be connected to the Johnson County SD. Turns out the shooting was in the parking lot, nobody was shot, and the only injury was a person who fell trying to run away.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Maybe the crime is out of his control. The prosecutor and judges are elected. IMPD answers to him and they're doing a good job. So what's on the other side of the revolving door that needs fixed?

Top Bottom