• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    They used to brag that they could recover the contents of a hard drive in spite of ridiculous circumstances. Now they want us to believe they have lost all such abilities.

Actually with their current hiring priorities that might be believable. Now they can't recover hard drives and sometimes they can't even find them.
    it may not have been a magnetic hard drive. a solid state hard drive just needed to be heated to the point that solder melts..

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Per Guy Relford, he quoted the police chief saying it was 43 yards and said it was correct. Here is an interview with Guy that was on a national radio show.

(He also states that the Dicken Drill that folks are now doing will need a little tweaking once all is known. So it could be the first few shots were from 43 yards but then Mr. Dicken moved closer for follow-up shots).

Not the one I detailed here.

I listened carefully to all the reports and gleaned the move towards attacker part.

Thread 'Dickens Drill or the Eli Drill'
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/dickens-drill-or-the-eli-drill.523945/

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Have you seen them shoot?

That may be part of it.

Clearly, the stress of the situation would increase the difficulty of the matter but a 43yd shot is WELL within the capability of a person well practiced with his sidearm.

The self control and discipline of this young man is what made the difference, not the distance or the pistol.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    pchGXoi.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Monday Gunday on Hammer and Nigel. Guy mentioned that Eli will be accompanying him to train for a week at Gunsite, after he does his show Saturday.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that training is free given his hero status. And I'm fine with that.

And he's already dropping bad guys from 40 yards, imagine how much more deadly that young man will be after this. :faint:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    When I was volunteering at a local range I saw several people that couldn't hit a IPSC target at 21 feet.
    I've observed and documented much worse than that.. A huge percentage of patrons at the range couldn't hit a tennis ball size target three times in a row at three yards if their life depended on it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that training is free given his hero status. And I'm fine with that.

And he's already dropping bad guys from 40 yards, imagine how much more deadly that young man will be after this. :faint:

It's probably a wash. Eli could probably charge Gunsite for the notoriety of himself training with them?

Guy knows Ken very well. I'm sure they worked out a mutually benefitting deal.

Top Bottom