• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A hack piece from a far right fringe group doesn't help your case.
    At least as relevant as your leftist hack source.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    So they're never used in the pursuit of "gender affirming care?"
    Yes they are, because they are safe and have been in use for almost 100 years. You've just been stirred up into a frenzy by propagandists using scary words that aren't true.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    At least as relevant as your leftist hack source.

No. not even close.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yes they are, because they are safe and have been in use for almost 100 years. You've just been stirred up into a frenzy by propagandists using scary words that aren't true.

That is castrating children, and now you've openly lied your way through this conversation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm starting to suspect you're either trans yourself, or perhaps you have a bestie or relative who is trans. And not that there's anything wrong with that. If you or they actually have real ass gender dysphoria, I get it. I have a cousin who transitioned years ago. It's that you're trying too hard for it just to be an ideological point to uphold. I mean, you're going at it as if it's personal. You'd have to be a bat **** crazy lunatic to be this offended on other people's behalf. Only far left wing nutters do that. And you said you weren't left wing.

Nobody used the word emergency, try to keep up. Tombs was trying (and failed) to be clever about kids not being able to consent but I pointed out the giant flaw in the "logic".

You did no such thing. That flaw is a figment of your imagination.

Tombs said, correctly, "Sometimes saving someone's life doesn't require their consent." Your point doesn't work unless it IS an emergency. That's the only way a minor gets surgery without consent. And then the hospital is taking a big liability risk.

So if it's not an emergency, for example, a minor had some kind of condition that would eventually become life-threatening, which non-emerggency surgery would presumably correct, the hospital would not touch that kid without a parent or legal guardian signing the papers.

Now you want to move the goal posts.
    Well. Obviously not. So you didn't have to say "emergency". It must be logically implied because your point can't even work without it.

Your numbers are wrong, you don't know what you are talking about. You're just regurgitating Fox news talking points.
    My numbers are correct. Supported by studies outside the US (where people have a delusional need to confirm their belief in nutty things).

The only study I could find that says gender-affirming care "saves" people is a study done by Harvard Medical School, which every bat **** crazy woke person likes to cite now. BTW HMS offers gender-affirming care, so it seems they'd have an incentive for this study to support what they're doing.

Across Europe, you know, that far right sanctuary of transphobes, have determined that the benefits of gender-affirming care is very low. Scandinavian countries and the UK have restricted that kind of care for minors. They can still get it, but the bar to qualify is very high because the consequences are permanent, contrary to woke delusions, and the benefits are slight and rare.

So about studies in the US. I think science is broken here. Too many interests, like money, politics, and social ideology influence it. As woke as US society is now, I strongly doubt that a US study from a school like HMS, could possibly conclude anything else. If no one from HMS were profiting from gender-affirming care, which they are, they still could not produce a study which did not give a glowing affirmation of gender affirmation. They wouldn't dare. The trans mob would utterly, mercilessly cancel them.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Uh. I think you're the one who's been propagandized. The problem with puberty blockers, it's not as reversible as claimed. It's not as safe as claimed. It causes brittle bones and horrible side effects. Also, it slows development of genitals, yes. But because of that, the genitals don't develop properly so if the person does want to alter their genitals at a later time, there's not enough there to do much with.

The whole point here is that minors don't have the ability to make informed choices for themselves. It is a drastic, consequential decision. And it looks more to me like adults are encouraging kids to become trans when they're probably not. Now, if a kid says he or she (those are the only two choices, afterall) is trans, no one questions it. They should. Push back. Find out. Are they really? Or is it just some kind of social pathogen type thing. I think it's mostly the latter.

For minors, don't affirm it. Help them cope with whatever they're going through. And when they become adults, and they still feel this way, they're free to make their own decisions.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom