• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Ok, so we have a land line for emergency use only, in case we lose cell service, or the cell phone breaks or whatever. Just a regular old land line.

Residential service $17... Not bad

However, the Federal, local, and state taxes and charges are $11.20.

I hate stupid government...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    But they have to give free cellphones out now, discounted phone service to libraries and schools and what about government offices?

Have a heart! You should be upset the taxes on residential phone service are ONLY 65.5%!

How do we throw phone lines in the harbor?

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If you were poor or on any kind of government assistance they would give you a free cell phone or free landline though. You, sir, are being charged for being a productive citizen so that others may have more free stuff.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hate [STRIKE]stupid[/STRIKE] government...

redundancy-redundant.png

:D

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Look at just about everything you use. It will have a ton of taxes on it. They still want more. They tax just about everything we use. Most things are taxed multiple times. The thing that kills me is that they blame big companies for the reason things cost so much.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    If you were poor or on any kind of government assistance they would give you a free cell phone or free landline though. You, sir, are being charged for being a productive citizen so that others may have more free stuff.

" ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody."
    ~Oblunder to Joe the Plumber, 2008

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    " ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody."
    ~Oblunder to Joe the Plumber, 2008

My political party is "not Democrat." Not necessarily Republican, Libertarian, etc. Just "not Democrat." To me the Democrat way of thinking is to take from the guy who earned what he's got so that they can give it to the guy who hasn't earned anything so that he can have the same luxuries. If you don't work and earn anything then why should anybody take from ATOMonkey and give it to you so that you can have a telephone too? Oh you want a cell phone? Get a job and pay for it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    But they have to give free cellphones out now, discounted phone service to libraries and schools and what about government offices?

Have a heart! You should be upset the taxes on residential phone service are ONLY 65.5%!

How do we throw phone lines in the harbor?

Uhh, excuse me. Those cellphones are free. They shouldn't be a part of this discussion. Free means they don't cost anybody anything.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

We are all on some form of government assistance you know.
    Did you tax the interest mortage deduction on your taxes?
    Higher education tax credit?
    etc...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Uhh, excuse me. Those cellphones are free. They shouldn't be a part of this discussion. Free means they don't cost anybody anything.

Perhaps I should have put the entire line in purple, it seemed pretty obvious when I typed it.

Yes the free cellphones are a part of this discussion because the reason ATO (and myself) are paying 65.5% taxes on our phone bill is, in part, related to free cellphones... in addition to the rest of what I typed.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Perhaps I should have put the entire line in purple, it seemed pretty obvious when I typed it.

Yes the free cellphones are a part of this discussion because the reason ATO (and myself) are paying 65.5% taxes on our phone bill is, in part, related to free cellphones... in addition to the rest of what I typed.

Maybe I should have used purple too.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    We are all on some form of government assistance you know.
    Did you tax the interest mortage deduction on your taxes?
    Higher education tax credit?
    etc...
    I don't really see getting to keep more of my own hard earned money as "government assistance". :D

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't really see getting to keep more of my own hard earned money as "government assistance". :D

Me either.

How is the government assisting me by not taking my money.

Am I assisting my neighbor by not robbing his house?

That's a great way to look at things!!

I can't meet my household budget due to costs in the legal code. The same way the government can't meet its budget due to costs in the tax code.

Thanks Barry!! :D :yesway:

And here I though only the mob ran the whole protection racket.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Me either.

How is the government assisting me by not taking my money.

Am I assisting my neighbor by not robbing his house?

That's a great way to look at things!!

I can't meet my household budget due to costs in the legal code. The same way the government can't meet its budget due to costs in the tax code.

Thanks Barry!! :D :yesway:

And here I though only the mob ran the whole protection racket.

Cornell Chronicle: Recipients of federal aid say they're not

More discussion here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ep_your_government_hands_off_my_medicare.html

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

That article/study/whatever is a load of steaming :poop:

How is allowing me to keep more of the money I earn, federal aid?

Most of those programs involve taking money from one group and giving it to another. Home Mortgage Interest Deduction & the Child Tax Credit aren't redistributive. SS for retirement and Medicare aren't supposed to be, but because of mismanagement, they are. If you don't like those, fine, work to change them. But to lump them in with Medicaid, Subsidized Housing, Food Stamps, etc... is disingenuous at best.

That's the same bass ackwards thinking that calls slowing the rate of growth, a cut.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Also, I believe most intelligent people realize that when the government runs hundreds of billions of dollars into the red, that the money they "paid into the system" was already spent and then some.

It's like me "paying into" my savings account for a new gun, and then spending all of my savings and racking up thousands on my credit card, and then pitching a fit when my gun money isn't there. How can it not be there!? I paid into it!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also, I believe most intelligent people realize that when the government runs hundreds of billions of dollars into the red, that the money they "paid into the system" was already spent and then some.

It's like me "paying into" my savings account for a new gun, and then spending all of my savings and racking up thousands on my credit card, and then pitching a fit when my gun money isn't there. How can it not be there!? I paid into it!!!

pppsssstttt just print mroe money. c how simple it is.
    ;)

Top Bottom