I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    JOWL BACON!
    A gift from heaven!

We used to get up, go do morning farm chores...
    Then check on grandma & grandpa,
    Grandma always had either scrambled eggs & white sausage gravy,
    Or egg sandwiches with jowl bacon slabs,
    Either way on homemade biscuits!

Her coffee was TERRIBLE, just boiled to death on a stove top percolator,
    -- Just the way my grandpa liked it! ;)

She's the one that taught me how to make dried apple pies.
    Concentrated flavor, never mushy with (rehydrated) dried apples.

Took several tries before you could get though my crust with a chain saw, but I figured out what I was doing wrong...
    Had something to do with baking flour instead of 'Redi-Mix'. ;)

Real men DO cook!
    They just use better kitchen tools than most women!
    The older farm woman used Lard. Fried chicken was to die for. The pie/cobbler crusts were the same.
    Best apple pies I have ever had only came close to them with one we bought from the Amish down in Washington Ind. I ate most of it and paid the price but man it was a good reminder of how to make a proper apple pie.

My people butchered the meat they ate from what they raised on the farm. Watching them do the craft was something I will never master as we pay people to butcher for us. Krogers and Meijer's etc.
    Great Grampa could carve the best cuts with ease. I helped but its an art.
    Doing a pig to me looked harder than doing beef.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sorry to hear of your situation D380. I would like to echo some of the good advice given upthread, get a bigger gun than a 380, get some training and practice with new firearm, and definitely get some self defense training please. All will pay off in the long run.

Possibly find your ex a new gf taking his attention away from you might help also, just thinking out loud on this one btw.. :dunno:

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I don’t know anything about cell phone jamming, but I did have a White Castle 1921 slider yesterday, it was AWFUL!!! Yuck.
    The last time I had a White Castle slider was around 1989. I would rather starve than eat another one.

Backstory: We were poor, living on dads income of around $15k/yr. Someone we knew scored a pallet of WC sliders, I think from a truck that had damaged cargo, and dad was able to get several cases for mere pennies. Our deep freezer was packed to the top with sliders. For well over a year, I ate WC sliders at least once a day. Would get one or two out of the freezer, and into the microwave. I can still smell them as I type this. I don't ever want to look at another WC slider again. You could say that I have PTSD.

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    If that recipe includes a pound of sage and 'Aged' oysters, we got that down here...
    Just the smell gets me queazy.

If you can choke it down, you'll be burping it for 3 days and farting it for another 3 days.

They can keep the 'Green Bean Casserole' with cream of mushroom soup that's a staple at Thanksgiving...
    Nothing like luke warm to cold slime on overcooked green beans.

And the 'Cranberry Sauce' jello looking substance they shake out of a can...

I'm thinking these are the same women that give you 3 year old candy corn at Halloween...

I grew up in a big family where all the old German farm women tried to out cook each other at Thanksgiving!
    I always thought that was the real 'Christmas', as much food as I could pack in, and all of it WONDERFUL!

I kind of broke tradition, deep fried turkey, lots of Cajun, butter, honey seasoning injected, etc. and baked HUGE honey cured hams in the hide...
    Pretty good at 'Heart Attack' green beans, as much sugar & bacon as beans :) .
    I can make a pretty fair dried apple pie too.

Old time farm men didn't cook anytime but outdoor grilling, but they would sure eat what the newer generation cooked!
    Hey now green bean casserole’s pretty good when you make it with fresh green beans and with out that can of creamed mushroom soup :-P

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    Sorry to hear of your situation D380. I would like to echo some of the good advice given upthread, get a bigger gun than a 380, get some training and practice with new firearm, and definitely get some self defense training please. All will pay off in the long run.

Possibly find your ex a new gf taking his attention away from you might help also, just thinking out loud on this one btw.. :dunno:
    Thanks for the advice! He had another gf right after we split up.. talked to her after they split and he took her to the woods to beat her while screaming to show her no one could hear her if she screamed. I’m not gonna wish that on another woman, hopefully he turns gay ‍:dunno:

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    JOWL BACON!
    A gift from heaven!

We used to get up, go do morning farm chores...
    Then check on grandma & grandpa,
    Grandma always had either scrambled eggs & white sausage gravy,
    Or egg sandwiches with jowl bacon slabs,
    Either way on homemade biscuits!

Her coffee was TERRIBLE, just boiled to death on a stove top percolator,
    -- Just the way my grandpa liked it! ;)

She's the one that taught me how to make dried apple pies.
    Concentrated flavor, never mushy with (rehydrated) dried apples.

Took several tries before you could get though my crust with a chain saw, but I figured out what I was doing wrong...
    Had something to do with baking flour instead of 'Redi-Mix'. ;)

Real men DO cook!
    They just use better kitchen tools than most women!

Chipped beef gravy > sausage gravy.

Lol by better kitchen tools do you mean something like attaching a whisk to a drill? My boys dad used to do that :rolleyes:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The last time I had a White Castle slider was around 1989. I would rather starve than eat another one.

Backstory: We were poor, living on dads income of around $15k/yr. Someone we knew scored a pallet of WC sliders, I think from a truck that had damaged cargo, and dad was able to get several cases for mere pennies. Our deep freezer was packed to the top with sliders. For well over a year, I ate WC sliders at least once a day. Would get one or two out of the freezer, and into the microwave. I can still smell them as I type this. I don't ever want to look at another WC slider again. You could say that I have PTSD.
    I think I remember you telling that story before. Yeah, that would definitely kill any future cravings! I have kinda swore off fast food for the last few months, but WC sounded pretty good yesterday. The cheeseburgers actually were really good, though, and I satisfied the craving for another month or so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Multiple 'false alarms' would usually have the firemen looking for a solution with the property owner. A dogs growl should be heeded. A .380 is more than enough for a stalker if you're confident in placing your mark. Practice.

Top Bottom