• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well I just looked at Disney. Seems go woke go broke never affected them. They still turning profits, this past year 3% profit and brought in even more money. Some areas they lost, other areas went up. But over all any boycotts and what ever didn’t phase them. If people wanted to hurt Disney they could just stop going, buying and it appears few care. I was disappointed when I reviewed the numbers.
    I'm just going to leave this here:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I saw that also, and they are 42 billion in debt. Yet they still churning out the profits and making money. I’m no stock expert but even with the drop it doesn’t seem to be hurting them at all, may hurt stockholders but that’s not Disney?
    Who do you think IS Disney? The stockholders are the owners. Corporations worry much more about stock price than profit.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I think you are over simplifying this. There are often other fees the merchant must pay besides the percentage.

“For merchants, it can be almost impossible to run a business without taking credit cards. However, the fees from these transactions can eat into profits, making it hard for some merchants with a small spread to stay afloat. The average credit card processing fee ranges between 1.5% and 3.5%. Just where do all these fees come from, and what can a merchant do to minimize them?”

What Are Credit Card Processing Fees?​

Credit card processing fees are the fees that a business must pay every time it accepts a credit card payment. There are multiple types of fees associated with each transaction, and fees can vary depending on the type of credit card accepted.

Interchange Fees​

The interchange fee is a payment made directly to the card issuer for the swiped transaction. Fees may vary based on the type of card being used, the amount of the transaction and the industry the business is in. For example, credit card companies may charge higher interchange fees for online purchases since fraud is a bigger problem with these types of transactions.

Payment Processor Fees​

The merchant services processor, also called a payment processor, can also charge a fee to facilitate the transaction. Merchant services fees include monthly fees, per-transaction fees, equipment lease fees and statement fees. This is how a processor makes its money since it gets none of the interchange fees.

Assessment Fees​

Assessment fees are fees paid directly to the credit card network so that the merchant can use certain credit cards. This fee is based on monthly sales, not per transaction. When combined with the interchange fee, merchants refer to the total as a swipe fee.

So you are saying businesses really can’t afford to stay in business by accepting CC…

seems they have a decision to make.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Not what I said, just laid out the costs. Business is not charging you your form of payment is, business just passes the cost along…
    ““For merchants, it can be almost impossible to run a business without taking credit cards. However, the fees from these transactions can eat into profits, making it hard for some merchants with a small spread to stay afloat.”

right here you say that it’s hard to stay afloat. That tells me they can’t afford to accept CC if they want to be profitable.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ““For merchants, it can be almost impossible to run a business without taking credit cards. However, the fees from these transactions can eat into profits, making it hard for some merchants with a small spread to stay afloat.”

right here you say that it’s hard to stay afloat. That tells me they can’t afford to accept CC if they want to be profitable.

It's a double edged sword. People expect the convenience of using CC and if you don't accept them, you limit your customer base. On the other hand if you do accept them, the CC companies gouge you for fees. Especially in this :poop: economy (FJB) companies have to do what they can in order to keep the doors open.

I just realized this morning that the place I eat on Saturday mornings charges a surcharge for credit cards. I would much rather a company let me know that so I can save a bit by using cash. I've gone to using cash much more lately than I have in decades, cause it saves me a little with each transaction.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Accepting CC or not is a business decision. I’m fine with that. Just don’t moan that the fees are killing you if you are not willing to stop accepting CC And don’t act like it is no big deal to add fees or raise prices just to be able to justify your continued acceptance of CC. Be big enough to put it on the front door for your customers to make an informed decision.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I've been watching Disney since long before the boycott.
    Last QUARTER alone their streaming business lost over half a billion dollars. That is an incredible loss.
    They fired the CEO last fall for screwing up a lot of things. In my opinion, the stock performance is due to these two factors.
    Their park business is doing great.

They're too diverse for an effective boycott and I doubt they even know one was called. I haven't seen a single analyst mention it.

1693679424207.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last QUARTER alone their streaming business lost over half a billion dollars. That is an incredible loss.
    They fired the CEO last fall for screwing up a lot of things. In my opinion, the stock performance is due to these two factors.

They're too diverse for an effective boycott and I doubt they even know one was called. I haven't seen a single analyst mention it.

View attachment 296728

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

View attachment 296728
    Their movies are doing horribly as well. I don't know if it is a straight boycott of Disney, but it is definitely a boycott of woke crap in movies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't even care about retailers charging less for cash. I don't care if online retailers charge extra for shipping. If price is a consideration, it's the total price we care about, right?
    These days remind me so much of the late 70s. the money was devaluing so fast companies were discounting bills for faster payment.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Accepting CC or not is a business decision. I’m fine with that. Just don’t moan that the fees are killing you if you are not willing to stop accepting CC And don’t act like it is no big deal to add fees or raise prices just to be able to justify your continued acceptance of CC. Be big enough to put it on the front door for your customers to make an informed decision.

Attachments

• IMG_7643.jpeg
      IMG_7643.jpeg
      807.1 KB · Views: 15

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Their movies are doing horribly as well. I don't know if it is a straight boycott of Disney, but it is definitely a boycott of woke crap in movies.
    You're absolutely right, individual movies can be slammed by a boycott, and that may be the case with some of the latest releases.
    Wearing my movie critic hat for a moment, woke movies tend to be preachy and tedious. They're usually just bad movies and I think that accounts for some of the low revenue.

Top Bottom