• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I accepted CC's they did. In fairness, I don't think they should. I view using debit cards to be the equivalent of writing a check or paying with cash. But somebody has to transmit data, add and subtract zeros. And that somebody wants a cut.
    I really didn't know. I know some businesses treat them slightly differently (my corner bar for example). They have a minimum purchase for credit cards but not for debit.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think there is a difference. When I pay for gas. I get the cash price when I use debit card

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Both are not owned by InBev but the justice department would not let AB have too many brands in a buyout so several were sold to constellation, a competitor.

Some constellation brands are owned by AB in other countries just to make it more confusing.

The sheeple need to wake up and realize the difference between ownership and their brands. The plethora of choices at the store is an illusion…
    Both are indeed owned by InBev. Go look at their website. It lists Modelo under their Groupo Modelo business unit.

Here. I’ll save you the trouble. Here’s a screenshot.

1692923083247.png

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Both are not owned by InBev but the justice department would not let AB have too many brands in a buyout so several were sold to constellation, a competitor.

Some constellation brands are owned by AB in other countries just to make it more confusing.

The sheeple need to wake up and realize the difference between ownership and their brands. The plethora of choices at the store is an illusion…
    Constellation is the US distributor for Modelo.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Constellation is the US distributor for Modelo.
    This was my point to that post.

“Modelo's ownership varies in the US and outside the country. The beer maker is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev in countries outside of the United States. However, within the US, it is owned by the New York-based beverage conglomerate Constellation Brands, helmed by CEO, Bill Newlands.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This was my point to that post.

“Modelo's ownership varies in the US and outside the country. The beer maker is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev in countries outside of the United States. However, within the US, it is owned by the New York-based beverage conglomerate Constellation Brands, helmed by CEO, Bill Newlands.”

Distribution isn't the same as owning though. That is a poorly written article. The beer is made by Modelo in Mexico and Constellation sells it for them in the US.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See my reply to KLB...
    It's a joint venture called Groupo Modelo, which is headquartered in Mexico. Owning the rights to the brand and distribution of the beer in the US is not the same as "owning Modelo". All Modelo beer is is brewed in Mexico in the same breweries that make the beer that's distributed throughout the world.

When you buy a Modelo beer, profits are split with AB InBev, the same company that owns the Budweiser brands. They're not making the beer for free that is distributed in the US by Groupo Modelo. The point I made about that is that much of the business lost because of the boycott of Bud Light has just shifted to other brands of AB InBev. Not all. Yuengling, for example, looks to be doing pretty well as a result.

I'm just skeptical that this is as big a win as we'd like to think. At most it may kill off/sell off a brand, meanwhile, AB InBev is still woke as ****, they're still sponsoring groomer events no matter how many patriotic Bud Light commercials they make.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think you are over simplifying this. There are often other fees the merchant must pay besides the percentage.

“For merchants, it can be almost impossible to run a business without taking credit cards. However, the fees from these transactions can eat into profits, making it hard for some merchants with a small spread to stay afloat. The average credit card processing fee ranges between 1.5% and 3.5%. Just where do all these fees come from, and what can a merchant do to minimize them?”

3% right now, I'm not even going to raise it... because as a business owner I have stacks and stacks of cash just laying around that I'm not doing anything with...

Visa and Mastercard are preparing to increase the fees they charge merchants when customers pay with a credit card, according to the Wall Street Journal. The increases are set to start in October and April, respectively.

I guess some of you guys (the royal you) will be happy I'm continuing to get poked.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    If you are being charged 3%, I have no problem if you charge your customers 3%. Charge 4+%, I'll take my business elsewhere.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    3% right now, I'm not even going to raise it... because as a business owner I have stacks and stacks of cash just laying around that I'm not doing anything with...

I guess some of you guys (the royal you) will be happy I'm continuing to get poked.
    I have absolutely no problem with a business charging what they need to charge to make money.

My sister used to be really big on businesses charging more for credit card purchases (she’s mellowed out about it now), but I used to tell her when she was ranting about some place she went having a cash discount/charging more for CC purchases “if you like going there, STFU, if you don’t like going there, DON’T ****ING GO THERE”!!!!

It’s not, and never should have been rocket science, but some people don’t understand that a business is actually there to make someone money.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I spent about 5 minutes on DDG. The total fees that Visa (the only card we carry) charges retailers is 1.34% to 3.39%, with a (legal) maximum of 4%. Any surcharge from the retailer at all would cause me to consider that additional cost when comparing vendors. Anything over 4% gets me on the horn to the FTC.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well I just looked at Disney. Seems go woke go broke never affected them. They still turning profits, this past year 3% profit and brought in even more money. Some areas they lost, other areas went up. But over all any boycotts and what ever didn’t phase them. If people wanted to hurt Disney they could just stop going, buying and it appears few care. I was disappointed when I reviewed the numbers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I found out this guy I know that runs a restaurant was charging MORE for the food than he bought it for.

giphy.webp

I'm getting my sons truck worked on today... the mechanic said he had CC fees if I pay that way.
    Boy I went OFF on him... I needed a car lift to get the job done so I couldn't go someplace else...

the-audacity.gif

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom