• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeeeaaaahhhhhhh. I'll qualify with it Friday so I can carry it.

xO7KB0t.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Nice! Denny, do you prefer the 19 over the 17? I know that sounds like a Mr. Obvious question, but it seems like the 19 is more universally preferred. Is this primarily for duty carrry? As a back up?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I got to handle a Gen 5 19 tonight. I do like the trigger better. It's not day and night different imho, but it is better. Smoother and less spongy is maybe the best way to explain it. My gen 3's had a light take up, spongy pull, and a sizable wall to break through. The Gen 5 I felt had a more consistent pull that has a small wall to break through. More double action-ish I guess.

I only have 1 complaint. I have larger hands and my pinky rides in the middle of the front cutout to strip mags. The problem I have is the particular sample I felt tonight that cutout had a sharp edge on it all the way across that half circle. Now, if that cutout was beveled to remove the sharp edge, I honestly don't think I would even notice it being there. I'm sure a little bit of sand paper and 2 minutes could fix that for me.

All that said, after adding magwells and having my Gen 3's undercut, I don't plan on selling my Gen 3's to get Gen 5's. I do think the Gen 5's are nicer, but not nice enough to warrant the hit I would take on my Gen 3's. BUT, if I needed to buy another Glock for some reason, or someone else was buying their first Glock, I would recommend the Gen 5 before any other generations. I do think they are a sizable improvement over older generations.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IMHO, need to find a better source for a video review. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't put much faith in yankee marshal's vids. Won't even watch one of his anymore, waste of time.

I watched the first 45 seconds or so. I don't understand the appeal of most youtube "personalities" and this is no different.

Yes, the frame isn't beveled. If you are shocked about a lack of aesthetic appeal on a Glock, I assume you're unfamiliar with what a Glock is.
    Yes, the rear sights aren't centered. QC issue, yes. One that's easily rectified, and you should be verifying POA/POI with any new gun. I've had to drift sights on more than just Glock. My Ruger GP100 WC shipped with off center sights...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    IMHO, need to find a better source for a video review. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't put much faith in yankee marshal's vids. Won't even watch one of his anymore, waste of time.

I don't care for his "presentation" either, my rear sight was centered! For me it's the best Gen Glock yet, love it!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Staying subscribed to this thread is almost painful. I was done buying guns. I mean done. I'll shoot by brothers G34 next weekend. I hope I don't like it at all.

Top Bottom