I actually like that.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Since the slide is plastic with a steel insert for the rails I'm wondering if other wear points are steel or plastic?
    Example: the breech face, where the barrel passes through or where the connector resets ?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And it holds TEN FULL ROUNDS!!!!!! Glock is always so forward thinking and cutting edge!

Yes it was a disappointment. I was hoping for at least 16rds like the Taurus TX22. But they made a California gun instead. I'm sure there will be extended magazine options out soon.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I buy everything .22LR. Normally.
    I didn't buy the Taurus TX after holding it: seemed to feel just like the SW MP Compact: been there & done that.
    I did like the 16 rounds when I shot a member's last week at Point Blank in Greenwood.
    Still not going to buy the TX.
    I will look forward to shooting a member's Glock 44 someday or maybe a range rental.
    I hope it is something I can't live w/o & must buy one: always on the lookout for a fun accurate shooter or even something difficult to shoot that's not that accurate, but fun.
    But, I prefer a large heavy gun in my hand, but if the light 44 shoots accurately and the sights are truly adjustable: it could be fun. Or not.
    From the time I started reading yesterday's thread about the 44, I have sold two 22s and bought two 22s & trying to get a 3rd.
    My hobby is fun. :laugh:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I didn't buy the Taurus TX after holding it: seemed to feel just like the SW MP Compact: been there & done that.
    I did like the 16 rounds when I shot a member's last week at Point Blank in Greenwood.
    I will look forward to shooting a member's Glock 44 someday or maybe a range rental.
    I hope it is something I can't live w/o & must buy one: always on the lookout for a fun accurate shooter or even something difficult to shoot that's not that accurate, but fun.
    But, I prefer a large heavy gun in my hand, but if the light 44 shoots accurately and the sights are truly adjustable: it could be fun. Or not.
    From the time I started reading yesterday's thread about the 44, I have sold two 22s and bought two 22s & trying to get a 3rd.

So the new upcoming Marlin Model 60 Anniversary edition is on your list too?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So the new upcoming Marlin Model 60 Anniversary edition is on your list too?

Did I say everything? :D
    That was in context of a pistol, and I illustrated that wasn't a literal statement by not buying the TX.
    There have been a bunch of 22 caliber handguns I haven't bought, the Sig Mosquito, for another.
    Rifles: I'm just learning about.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Did I say everything? :D
    That was in context of a pistol, and I illustrated that wasn't a literal statement by not buying the TX.
    There have been a bunch of 22 caliber handguns I haven't bought, the Sig Mosquito, for another.
    Rifles: I'm just learning about.

It's a beautiful rifle.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Having 2 22's is just like having a 44.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes it was a disappointment. I was hoping for at least 16rds like the Taurus TX22. But they made a California gun instead. I'm sure there will be extended magazine options out soon.

Though it won't make the "list of approved guns" in Cali, unless there is something different about 22 LR guns there. It's not a Cali gun. That said, there are obviously other states with mag limits.

IMO, it will hold no value really for you. The primary target market of this gun will be those that EDC a Glock 19, and want an inexpensive trainer, and maybe don't already have a conversion kit, or want the complete gun that mimics the 19. For that group, this will be a valuable purchase potentially (possibly extremely valuable).

I think alot of folks don't see these 22LR trainer guns for what they are. There is no value in comparing any of these (TX, M&P, Glock, etc) to such things as the Ruger Mark series, Buckmarks, etc IMO.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...IMO, it will hold no value really for you. The primary target market of this gun will be those that EDC a Glock 19, and want an inexpensive trainer, and maybe don't already have a conversion kit, or want the complete gun that mimics the 19. For that group, this will be a valuable purchase potentially (possibly extremely valuable).

I think alot of folks don't see these 22LR trainer guns for what they are. There is no value in comparing any of these (TX, M&P, Glock, etc) to such things as the Ruger Mark series, Buckmarks, etc IMO.

This right here exactly.

To go along with that a real plus of the G44 is that it will ride in the carry gear you already have on.

In my experience, it's rare to see a .22 pistol carried in a belt holster, unless the user is actually using the .22 as a self defense gun.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A couple of thoughts:

How long until GSSF has a place for the G44?

What better way to bring new shooters into the Glock fold? They start with a G19 sized 22, it’s an easy move to G19. They are already accustomed to the size, shape and feel.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Took this from another forum . Another example of Glock Perfection........"With the .22 rimfire having far less recoil impulse, it took extra engineering and tuning to direct those little brass casings to eject directly towards the shooters forehead. "

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A couple of thoughts:

How long until GSSF has a place for the G44?

What better way to bring new shooters into the Glock fold? They start with a G19 sized 22, it’s an easy move to G19. They are already accustomed to the size, shape and feel.

Agreed with this as well. I started the kids out on the AA kit, etc.

I have long been waiting for Glock to bring out a 22LR. I have an AA kit and have for years, along with multiple 19's so I can dedicate a frame to it when I go to the range. I warm up with the AA kit gun, and move on to my other 19.

These days I also have M&P's, Sig P365's, etc as well as the Glocks, and I still have interest in this offering.

Top Bottom