• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Who's got em and how do you like em?

I checked ouy a G27 at PSS and nearly bought it. Since then I have learned more about them and I'm leaning towards 9mm. I'm thinking of picking one up this weekend either new or used. What's a good price new or used? Pics are welcome!

Thanks

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I bought a used G27 a few weeks ago at Midwest when I orginally was looking at a G26. You can always change out the G27 with a conversion barrel then you've got a .40 and 9mm. You can also get a .357 conversion too and have 4!

I had a G19 but felt that the grip was a bit too long for CCW but the sub-compact grip is perfect. You can always pruchase a Pierce pinky extension if you want the 3 finger grip. I use a Crossbreed holster for everyday carry.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I've got a G26 and after my Kimber it is my second favorite carry gun. Easy to conceal, shoot, accurate and reliable. I love the versatility of it, you can carry it with the stock flush mag and it disappears under a t shirt, you can put a pinky extension on it to lengthen the grip or use a G19 mag with a grip extension if you want to carry 15 rds.

And sorry no pics, but you can find plenty of them on the internet :)

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Get one and don't look back.

Pick one up and don't look back.

The only knock on it, like all double-stacks, is its thickness, which isn't even that much anyway.

I started carrying it, left it and sold it, then did both again, now I've decided that it truly is the best balance of capacity/concealibility.

Throw some XS dot sights on it and don't look back.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i love my 26. it is the perfect balance between concealability and capacity for me. put the grip extension on the mag and swap out the factory sights for some meprolights and you will have an excellent EDC.

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    How is the recoil? Is it noticably more than bigger 9mm handguns?

its not bad at all. its a bit weird without the finger extension, at least at first. my pt709 slim has more snap to it imo. i might suggest the 19 if you are concerned about the recoil. -or- you could buy the 23 and get a drop in 9mm barrel. :rockwoot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glock 26 w/Trijicon night sights and 3 mags $516.24 Brand spanking new! :D

:+1: Excellent weapon. Great price. Good sights. Avoid the Pierce pinky extension. The sharp edge on the front will pinch your pinky, making range time unenjoyable. I developed blood blisters from shooting it until I started wearing gloves to train. I finally had to grind down lip on the Pierce so I could train properly. Even that did not really solve the problem so I switched to the Scherer extenders.

Beyond that, the G26 is excellent. Accurate, reliable, concealable.

Does get a bit heavy and bulky sometimes, so I have a Taurus 709 Slim for summer CC. But I can carry the G26 under a T-shirt without printing.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    the g26 is excellent. I have one and love it. It's my EDC. In an MTAC it totally disappears, yet its not so small that it isn't fun at the range. Accurate way past standard self defense ranges, the recoil isn't bad at all. I usually shoot a couple hundred rounds through it each session with no trouble at all. I bought mine new in evansville for 499 plus tax if that gives you any reference. Most i have seen around here range from 499-539 or there abouts. Whatever you get, enjoy it! but honestly you cant go wrong with the 26. :twocents:

dgiancola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette area
    bump up and get a 27...i have a 22,23,and 27 so i love the fact that i use only 40cal and can interchange mags...all depends on what you want...cant go wrong with any glock....picked mine up brand new for 425.00

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    :+1: Excellent weapon. Great price. Good sights. Avoid the Pierce pinky extension. The sharp edge on the front will pinch your pinky, making range time unenjoyable. I developed blood blisters from shooting it until I started wearing gloves to train. I finally had to grind down lip on the Pierce so I could train properly. Even that did not really solve the problem so I switched to the Scherer extenders.

Beyond that, the G26 is excellent. Accurate, reliable, concealable.

Does get a bit heavy and bulky sometimes, so I have a Taurus 709 Slim for summer CC. But I can carry the G26 under a T-shirt without printing.

I can visibly see the sharp edge on the Pearce +2s on my G27 but I haven't felt any pinching or any other discomfort while shooting. I do have pretty big hands though and my ring finger is riding over that edge on the +2. I obviously agree with dgiancola about the G27. LOVE mine. I may end up looking for one in OD when I've got some other gun stuff finished up, for a bit.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I own both the 26 and 27, the 27 gets carried, the gets transported, I carry the .40 as summer EDC, and if headed downtown the G-23, but...I have the 26 stashed in the SUV, there if I need it and left home without the 27. (I know...... that dont make sense, should have another .40 in the car) Anyway side by side at the range using FEDERAL FMJ, I concentrate on hitting the target and realy dont notice any serious difference in recoil. but thats me, what does it for me is thebigger hole of the .40 at the business end of the baby Glocks. Rent both at an indoor range like POPs and see which one you handle best. You'll pay about $400 for a nice used one, $398.20 for a LEO discounted one $470 something with Night Sights last time I checked. Either way you wont be dissapointed.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I have a 26 and 27 with nite sites. I have the pinky grip extenders on both of them and they handle very well. I prefer the grip extenders over the mag capacity extenders. I've known people who have had feed issues with capacity extenders. I carry either a G 22 or G 17 magazine as a spare.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    its not bad at all. its a bit weird without the finger extension, at least at first. my pt709 slim has more snap to it imo. i might suggest the 19 if you are concerned about the recoil. -or- you could buy the 23 and get a drop in 9mm barrel. :rockwoot:

I'll kinda disagree with this.

IMO, the recoil difference between the G17, G19, down to G26 is noticeably different, but the recoil on the G26 is nowhere near becoming unmanageable, or even a concern.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I'll kinda disagree with this.

IMO, the recoil difference between the G17, G19, down to G26 is noticeably different, but the recoil on the G26 is nowhere near becoming unmanageable, or even a concern.

i'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. recoil would increase as you shorten the barrel, so 17<19<26. so if perceived recoil were an issue, the 19 might be a better choice....a longer barrel and only slightly larger overall size than the 26. i think we agree. ;)

obviously the 23 will have quite a bit more snap, but with the drop in parts its like having 2 guns in one.

Top Bottom