• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I used to carry a G19... Now I carry a G26. The grip on the G19 was just long enough that it would get pinched on my car seats and lots of chairs as well. I don't notice the 26 on my side at all. Love it.

So far as recoil. It is slightly heavier than the 19, but not much. Very managable.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    its not bad at all. its a bit weird without the finger extension, at least at first. my pt709 slim has more snap to it imo. i might suggest the 19 if you are concerned about the recoil. -or- you could buy the 23 and get a drop in 9mm barrel. :rockwoot:

Is it possible to put a .40 barrel in a G19? Or does that idea only work by downsizing to the 9mm barrel dropped in to a G23?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Love mine and with 4-33 round mags, it packs plenty of firepower.

I updated it with night sights, extended mag release and some different springs.....

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I'm pretty well decided on getting a 26. Were going to check out PSS and Bradis tommorow, I wouldnt mind buying used or new with either type of site. I'm waiting on my CC license but I might want to check out holsters as well. Any recomendations?

thanks for all your replies

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm pretty well decided on getting a 26. Were going to check out PSS and Bradis tommorow, I wouldnt mind buying used or new with either type of site. I'm waiting on my CC license but I might want to check out holsters as well. Any recomendations?

thanks for all your replies

I hear great things about the Super Tuck and the MTAC. I just picked up a 27 and am currently trying to decide between these 2 holsters. My brother has a 26 and a Super Tuck, but sadly lives in FL, so I haven't had a chance to check out the Super Tuck first hand. He swears by it with his 26.

Round Ball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Northern Ind.
    Got a glock 26 that I use to carry for security at church I like the way it shoots and the smaller frame is very easy to cc.I sometimes carrry a sw3913 also I have hoge gripps and night sights on it but like the extra few rounds in the glock.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My EDC is a G27 and I love it! Fired the G26 many times and love it too! :D Good shooter, not too much recoil for its small size. I am sure I will own a 26 some day.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    My EDC is a G27 and I love it! Fired the G26 many times and love it too! :D Good shooter, not too much recoil for its small size. I am sure I will own a 26 some day.

The first glock I checked out was a G27 at PSS, I fell in lust with it pretty fast. This from a guy who didn't really like Glocks before (to be fair I really just didn't know anything about them). Then while researching them I found Hickok45's youtube channel :yesway:

YouTube - hickok45's Channel

The main reason I want to go with the 26 over the 27 is recoil, I want something my wife will enjoy shooting as well and besides that it's a little cheaper to shoot. I dont buy into the whole "9mm is a weak round" argument. But I think I am the opposite of you, I will likely want a G27 at some point as well!

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i love mine, i forget sometimes that i have it on me. i traded down from a g23 to a g26 and have been happey ever since. I had to put a pinky rest on my carry mag and it helped out alot.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks for the price update Lawdog, a 27 with .9mm conversion barrel makes sence, but either the 26 or 27, your wel protected. Go to POP GUNS and rent one for the range.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I grew up with .357 mag revolvers...so when I was considering the 9mm (as opposed to the S&W .40 or .357sig) I thought it was a might bit 'weak' to shoot (recoil feel). However, with CorBon 125 grain loads...it's absolutely fantastic. Enough felt recoil to 'feel' like I'm shooting a heaver round, but yet light enough to be handled in the smaller, lighter-framed, G26. My wife liked the lighter, +P loads that the 9mm offered and, wanting to be in the same caliber, decided that 9mm would be okay but I would simply carry a slightly different round that her for personal defense. Hornady's XTP's are great rounds in this gun!

Things I like about the G26...light, smaller (same size as my SP101 2"), double to triple the rounds as my SP101, with 10+1 being the standard or 15+1 using a G-19 mag and an A&G grip spacer, Glock Night Sights are made by Meprolight, accuracy is good to excellent out past 45-50', and, if all else fails, it fits in my pocket!

I understand the arguement about getting a G27 (.40) or G33 (.357sig) and replacing the barrel with a 9mm conversion, which remains a possibility, however, we did trade my wife's SP101 in .38+P for a G26 just recently...and are working on getting me one.

Have a nice day!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Conversion Barrels

Is it possible to put a .40 barrel in a G19? Or does that idea only work by downsizing to the 9mm barrel dropped in to a G23?

In Glocks, when using a conversion barrel, you can go from a .40 or .357sig down to a 9mm, but you can't go up. So no 9mm Glock pistol can be converted to anything other than a .22 with an Advantage Arms conversion kit. However, a .40 or .357sig can be converted to the other, and you can still use the same mags for either, or they can be converted to 9mm using a conversion barrel (the outer parameters of a .40 barrel are slightly different than a 9mm) but you will have to purchase 9mm mags to fit the gun you are converting.

Basically, in a Glock, you can always convert laterally and down in caliber, but not up...although I believe you can get a 10mm barrel conversion barrel that will go 'up' for a .45acp pistol...but you can't do it the other way around.

Hope this helps! :twocents:

Top Bottom