• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I too find it hard to believe that a kid this young can identify himself with the opposite sex without a whole lot of bs from his mamma.

If you actually do research on the subject, you'll find a BUNCH of research that has already been done that explains when gender identity disorders can start and how they're usually suppressed because of social taboos.

If we want to just spout off opinions with no facts (even if you had to find the facts and they don't match up with your opinions), you're not really adding much to a conversation.

There are children born into "normal" families with "normal" homes and lives. They also can have gender identity disorder issues. Now, I don't care one way or the other if you end up ever doing any research or if you enjoy having knee jerk reactions...that stuff goes in one ear and out the other without giving it a thought. Only even felt like posting in this thread because just about any post on a topic that is similar to this or has to do with something a little taboo ends up with the majority just posting their opinions and never being open minded enough to figure out why or how something may happen or looking past the situation and at who the person is.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The key here is communicate within certain parameters. Its called censorship. Doesn't matter if you agreed to its use or not. You also have moderators that censor your postings. Did you also agree to having your postings removed if someone doesn't like the direction you are going.
    I am just saying, getting all fired up over a little child wanting to be or belong to something isn't any worse than giving up freedoms (I.e. speech) that thousands upon thousands gave their lives to protect. I mean commenting on a forum is so much more important, right?

Again, nobody gave up any rights. This board is not public domain; it's privately owned property. You do not have an inherent right to use another person's property in whatever manner that you see fit.

You can't give up a right you don't have in the first place. There is no right to INGO, so there can't be a right to free speech on INGO.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I hope for the well being of the child that most of the people on here never have a gay child.

I'm not trying to start any argument at all. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want regarding gays, when it starts, how, blah blah. That is not really a debate for this thread.

I have my views, they seem to differ with many on this forum. That is fine, I am happy about that in most cases.

I'm confused. Do you think that it's okay that a private organization with a pre-existing set of admission standards is bullied into altering those standards for one reason that lacks any substantive justification?

I don't really see the issue here. The organization made a decision and did what it wanted to do. The family raises their kid as they see fit.

What is wrong with that? Must they conform to someone else's beliefs or value system?

Staying true to their own standards when the participation of millions of its members is directly predicated on those standards would be a good start, don't you think?

If anything, the families who have permitted their daughters to join are being forced to conform to someone else's beliefs. Is that acceptable?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The point here is that unfortunately, the Girl Scouts finally caved. Years past there have been Non-Girls wanting to join them for whatever reason as well as the Boy Scouts have been turning away Non-Boys for a while now.
    Some of the major organizations backing these individuals have been trying to break down that gender wall for some time now and of course claiming discrimination and damages if they don't cater to their tactics.

If this Nancy-Boy wants to join the Girl Scouts, that's his right to try. But it's the Girl Scouts of America's Duty to say NO. They have failed all of us.

There is a Gender wall for a reason. We are Born with "Physically" different genders.
    This is not a black and white issue with shades of gray between.
    It's Solid Pink and Solid Blue with NO shades of purple.(unless you're born a frog)
    Until we start crossbreeding with some alien race with more that 2 genders, this is what we got.
    Its pretty straight forward. See for yourself.

scbd3n.jpg

For the record- "My Little Ponies" ROCK! :rockwoot:
    I like Sparkle!

Last edited:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    A rather unexpected turn of events. I actually got a reply. The director of communications gave me her telephone number and asked that I call to discuss. I'll call her back, but I may use my PC/Skype so I can record the conversation.

I'll post the results.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I just got off the phone with her. She thanked me for caring enough to write (barbara streisand HR crap).

her answer was a cop-out.

her: "That's a girl scouts of another regional area. That's not our position."

me: "Are you going to put out a statement distancing yourself from this stance?"

her: "we're inclusive but not addressing that, but I can assure you that it's not occurring here in central Indiana."

me: "I just want to make sure you understand that this is a slippery slope. If a 7-year old child can do this, what about a teenager who could claim GID for less than noble reasons?"

her "Thanks for calling."

*click*

They'd take the same stance here, was what I took away from it. I'm going to miss my thin mints. Still have a few boxes in the freezer from the last go round.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They'd take the same stance here, was what I took away from it. I'm going to miss my thin mints. Still have a few boxes in the freezer from the last go round.

You should symbolically set them on fire and then urinate on them. Otherwise you could be running the risk of eating cookies that a male helped sell.

Also, good for you for writing your letter. I hope you write your congressmen as well on issues that matter to you. In my opinion we are soon going to have much bigger problems than who's selling cookies in the neighborhood.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I don't hate the organization, but for one that is designed to be family-friendly, this completely misses the mark. This child is going to be screwed up, and the Girl Scouts will have contributed to his psychological damage later.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You should symbolically set them on fire and then urinate on them. Otherwise you could be running the risk of eating cookies that a male helped sell.

I think it's perfectly valid and commendable to refuse to offer further financial support to an organization that has taken a stance you believe to be immoral.

I certainly wouldn't put my daughter in this organization if they start allowing this locally.

However, I'm not sure I'm quite principled enough to live a life without thin mints. We all have to make compromises, right? :dunno:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I haven't bought their cookies for over five years now. That's how long it has been since I've been asked by a child only to buy some of the cookies.

I almost bought some last year while I was in Illinois. Until, as I was looking at the flyer, mom tried to guilt trip me into buying these cookies as though I owe it to them. I'll buy cookies from a child who is learning good life lessons, but I won't pay double price for a product I'm not really keen on anyway (cookies in general) from a middle aged stranger in front of Walmart.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The Girl Scouts guaranteed they'd never have a girl of mine as a member when they started giving hands on demos for condom use.

This latest development is not at all surprising.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The Girl Scouts guaranteed they'd never have a girl of mine as a member when they started giving hands on demos for condom use.

This latest development is not at all surprising.

I googled it and it was just a UK thing. Admittedly, the girl scouts weren't in my "sights" at the time the story broke, but I never heard about it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't, aren't they?

That kid doesn't look like much trouble. I think they did the right thing.
    That is what people said about Jeffrey Dahmer.

When you grow up and if you ever find yourself responsible for the well being of others, you might not be so flippant on the subject.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I googled it and it was just a UK thing. Admittedly, the girl scouts weren't in my "sights" at the time the story broke, but I never heard about it.

Oh - It's the UK. Well it makes since now.
    Isn't it a requirement there that men have to wear a dress and pumps at some point in their life. :nuts:

I'll admit that I do get a turn on from the feel of silk stockings rubbing on my legs - that's because there's always a girl wearing them at the time. Never had any urge to put them on, no-matter how much she begs me to.

If men wearing dresses is the norm in the UK, then Open Carry in the US should be more accepted.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom