• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    You know if it was my son who wanted to play with Barbie dools and My little ponies why would I stop him. Wouldn't I do more damage by showing him that just because he feels and acts "different" than other little boys that he cannot be himself and pursue things he cares about. Do I care if my son is gay? No I will always love him reguardless. I think it is wonderful that he has support from his family and that he is able to grow up in a world where he shouldn't suffer because of who he is.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Girl Scouts of Colorado Now Say They’ll Accept Little Boy Bobby Montoya Who Wants to Join | Video | TheBlaze.com

My letter to the central IN CEO, Deborah Hearn Smith

Ms. Smith, After reading a current article (below) regarding the Girl Scouts' stance on "inclusiveness" and accepting a boy into your ranks who clearly has psychological issues regarding his gender, I can no longer support your organization. I have been an avid supporter of Girl Scouts products for a very long time, and I simply cannot endorse exacerbating a child's mental problem and on top of that, teaching political propaganda to other children that it is "normal" and should be accepted. I hope that the organization will change its stance, but until then, I will have to forgo supporting it with my dollars.

Screw that! I need my annual cookie re-stock! :D

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I am not that upset about the girl scouts accepting him, but I have to say I find it really odd that a boy played with girl toys and identified as a girl starting at two years old...

Im not trying to get all judgy, but... that does not sound like normal child development... Maybe its just my lack of understanding homosexuals or transgenders or what not... but wouldn't that generally come much later in life?

When does it become ok to allow a two year old child to make that decision? What if he decides later that is not who he is, what emotional problems would be the outcome of his parent's choice? At that age, identifying as a girl has to be at least partially due to his parents....

I could care less about girl scouts letting him join... I just don't get it...

It appears to me (at least on the surface) that the boy went though a normal phase at two and the mother encouraged it then and now to push an agenda. Or she is just a twit that wanted a daughter and is using her son to fulfill that wish. Could be something else entirely.

Has anyone asked where the boy got his barbies and girl clothes?? I don't remember reading about a brother or sister, or a father. Notice that his hair is done like a girls. Doubt he did that. I think the kid has issues because his mother has issues and she is his sole influence. Where are the grandparents??

Soooo many questions not asked here. And the GLBT's are giddy with the idea that they have another "EXAMPLE" to play with (figuratively speaking) and will use this every way that they can to try to push the agenda and freak out the non-GLBT folks.

When you put it all together this poor kid almost doesn't have a chance. He needs solid help now!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You know if it was my son who wanted to play with Barbie dools and My little ponies why would I stop him. Wouldn't I do more damage by showing him that just because he feels and acts "different" than other little boys that he cannot be himself and pursue things he cares about. Do I care if my son is gay? No I will always love him reguardless. I think it is wonderful that he has support from his family and that he is able to grow up in a world where he shouldn't suffer because of who he is.

By "Support" you mean they have forced him into the national spotlight and used him to push some absurd agenda?

I don't call that support. Or love.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    By "Support" you mean they have forced him into the national spotlight and used him to push some absurd agenda?

I don't call that support. Or love.

But it seems to be part of our national position now. Everyone is to force themselves into groups of people that don't want them. Girl Scouts, some boy has to join. Boy Scouts, some girl has to join. A Christian group, some atheist wants to join, heck even be the head of it. Hooters, some ugly flat chested girl wants to work there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    God made them that way. Now you can't blame them for whatever they do.

Making an argument I can respond to, save for the fact that the board rules forbid me, is hardly the best way to encourage intelligent conversation. I can indeed blame them, and Biblically, but the reasoning would probably get this thread shut down. Hardly seems conducive to a friendly environment.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Making an argument I can respond to, save for the fact that the board rules forbid me, is hardly the best way to encourage intelligent conversation. I can indeed blame them, and Biblically, but the reasoning would probably get this thread shut down. Hardly seems conducive to a friendly environment.

Not necessarily. Kids are sponges in the early FORMATIVE years and can be encouraged or nudged this way or that during this period of time. That is why they are called the FORMATIVE YEARS.

I was not stating that as my position. I just think that is why these people want to use the Nature over Nurture argument.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It appears to me (at least on the surface) that the boy went though a normal phase at two and the mother encouraged it then and now to push an agenda. Or she is just a twit that wanted a daughter and is using her son to fulfill that wish. Could be something else entirely.

Has anyone asked where the boy got his barbies and girl clothes?? I don't remember reading about a brother or sister, or a father. Notice that his hair is done like a girls. Doubt he did that. I think the kid has issues because his mother has issues and she is his sole influence. Where are the grandparents??

Soooo many questions not asked here. And the GLBT's are giddy with the idea that they have another "EXAMPLE" to play with (figuratively speaking) and will use this every way that they can to try to push the agenda and freak out the non-GLBT folks.

When you put it all together this poor kid almost doesn't have a chance. He needs solid help now!

Bobby Montoya plays with Barbie dolls and My Little Ponies. He’s a boy, but dresses and identifies as a girl. And just like his older sister, he decided he wanted to join the Girl Scouts.

BTW, good on you, OP for standing up for what you believe in.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    But it seems to be part of our national position now. Everyone is to force themselves into groups of people that don't want them. Girl Scouts, some boy has to join. Boy Scouts, some girl has to join. A Christian group, some atheist wants to join, heck even be the head of it. Hooters, some ugly flat chested girl wants to work there.

Agreed.

I missed the part of this story that involved force.

It never escalated to that point, in this story. But I would wager that if they hadn't given in, a discrimination lawsuit would have been forthcoming and then force would start to be an issue.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Hell, you all so freely give up your rights to free speech to post and browse this forum every day! How is this any different?

Nobody gave up any rights. We agreed that we will communicate within certain parameters on another person's bulletin board. I can still say whatever I want whenever I want.

We agreed not to let our right to free speech overstep its bounds and trample the Admin's property rights.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I detect a nature over nurture argument here...

I'm not trying to start any argument at all. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want regarding gays, when it starts, how, blah blah. That is not really a debate for this thread.

I have my views, they seem to differ with many on this forum. That is fine, I am happy about that in most cases.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I too find it hard to believe that a kid this young can identify himself with the opposite sex without a whole lot of bs from his mamma.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Nobody gave up any rights. We agreed that we will communicate within certain parameters on another person's bulletin board. I can still say whatever I want whenever I want.

We agreed not to let our right to free speech overstep its bounds and trample the Admin's property rights.

The key here is communicate within certain parameters. Its called censorship. Doesn't matter if you agreed to its use or not. You also have moderators that censor your postings. Did you also agree to having your postings removed if someone doesn't like the direction you are going.
    I am just saying, getting all fired up over a little child wanting to be or belong to something isn't any worse than giving up freedoms (I.e. speech) that thousands upon thousands gave their lives to protect. I mean commenting on a forum is so much more important, right?

Top Bottom