• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @ESSEX I saw the report (old school, on the TV) last night. Thank you for your work on this. Honestly I'm surprised this was allowed to go forward. It exposes serious Constitutional issues that even the ATF guy raised a flag on.

Now, where do we go from here? If the best TPTB (Asst Chief Bailey in this case) can do is, "We've been doin it this way over 50 years..." and "we're doing a top to bottom review on ourselves..." well this needs fixed.

It was good to see you reached out to Guy (Relford) on this. While primarily in the 2nd, he does practice in other Amendments.

We are in the 3rd quarter at the General Assembly now. Start now for 2024? Senator Freeman seems like a logical start since his district is in Indianapolis and he chairs the Courts and Criminal Code Committee.

Anybody live in Aaron's district?

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    While our "conservative" lawmakers seem to be hot to trot on depriving us of 4th Amendment rights currently, it might still be worth contacting state representatives. If you can find a sympathetic ear, you may even be able to give a statement on the floor to express issues. A state law on returning property after a given amount of time, to the person it was take from (if not stolen) would do a lot. I don't think I have a receipt for any of my guns. Several of the guns shops I have bought from no longer exist. Particularly bad news considering this state's love of Red Flag.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Nicely done!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Definitely not a rank and file issue, and more of an issue with massive IMPD civilian core bureaucracy and apathy. Combined with leadership that just didn't care to dig any deeper.

Still there are two separate issues. Testing every gun is one thing, but guns will -still- sit years after being tested without going back to the owners.

Good job on the Article.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    While our "conservative" lawmakers seem to be hot to trot on depriving us of 4th Amendment rights currently, it might still be worth contacting state representatives. If you can find a sympathetic ear, you may even be able to give a statement on the floor to express issues. A state law on returning property after a given amount of time, to the person it was take from (if not stolen) would do a lot. I don't think I have a receipt for any of my guns. Several of the guns shops I have bought from no longer exist. Particularly bad news considering this state's love of Red Flag.
    The entire “prove you own it” is complete and total ********.
    They know WHO it was taken from at the time, it’s in your possession. If it’s NOT listed as stolen RETURN IT.

“Hey, you dropped your phone back there, I have it but I’m not going to give it to you unless you show me your receipt from when you bought it.”
    “GIVE ME MY PHONE!”
    “Nah, might be stolen, I’m going to test for fingerprints and call Apple”

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ohh the stories I could tell you tell you about the IMPD Civilian blue jumpsuit administrative core. Yeah they actually have a uniform for them. Though not everyone actually wears it. Anyway I digress, lets just say they are as hard to deal with to even other city agencies, as they are to Joe Q Public..

And its just not a city employee thing. Most other agencies are pretty easy to deal with.

I don't think they pay the IMPD civilians enough, and as such, really don't get the quality applicants they likely should have in these roles.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm sure the initial argument will be made that inanimate objects have no 4th amendment rights and call it done. (and maintain status quo)

So who has the deep pockets to sue the city?
    I spent nearly what my pistol was worth having Kirk threaten to sue for "conversion". Don't tell him, but I was willing to break open my piggy bank to go ahead with the lawsuit had IMPD not released my pistol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Being he lives in indy, works there and signed important gun laws..i would think he might get involved. Pretty sure he is a citizen of that county.
    He does, and is, but his focus is on state issues and not city issues (as it should be). If this were a statewide problem (and it doesn't appear to be), then he might get involved. This is a local problem and needs to be addressed locally IMHO.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    He does, and is, but his focus is on state issues and not city issues (as it should be). If this were a statewide problem (and it doesn't appear to be), then he might get involved. This is a local problem and needs to be addressed locally IMHO.
    Understood. I wonder if it happens all over the state and we just don't hear about it.

Top Bottom