Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Probably late, but Gander Outdoors is doing 20% off all ammo today. Another 5% with their Good Sam club membership. In store at least.

Pickings are lean between their bad pricing and other deal seekers, but I picked up 2000 rounds of Winchester M22 for $.038 per round.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Has anyone purchased from LAX Ammo? A couple of days ago I ordered some of their house-brand .44 special because I want the brass, but it seemed like a great deal at 42 cents per round delivered.

Hopefully it works out.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Has anyone purchased from LAX Ammo? A couple of days ago I ordered some of their house-brand .44 special because I want the brass, but it seemed like a great deal at 42 cents per round delivered.

Hopefully it works out.

I've only ordered factory only that was difficult to find elsewhere. Sorry.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Hopefully it works out.

I've bought a lot of ammo from LAX before (mostly 9mm, but some .223 brass too). It's all been good stuff.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Target Sports has Wolf Military Classic 9mm for $139.80 per 1000, but with free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wol...mmo-115-gr-fmj-steel-case-mc919fmj-p-866.aspx

No rebate, like the Federal Aluminum (which as posted above Outdoor has for $140 per 1K, with a $20 rebate). But Outdoor charges shipping, so it ends up being just a few buck more in the end for Wolf, but without the hassle of submitting rebate paperwork and waiting 6 to 8 weeks.

So, if you are impatient and don't mind paying for the priviledge, the Wolf is the way to go. If every penny counts, then the Federal from Outdoor is the way to go.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Anyone looking for cheap .22 LR, Walmart stores in my area have Remington Thunderbolt 500 count boxes for $14.58 a box. It is normal for most stores to have the same prices on items they have in stock. I have seen them in at least 4 stores at this price.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Anyone looking for cheap .22 LR, Walmart stores in my area have Remington Thunderbolt 500 count boxes for $14.58 a box. It is normal for most stores to have the same prices on items they have in stock. I have seen them in at least 4 stores at this price.

I have told myself I’m done buying 22lr as I think I have enough to wear out all the 22lr barrels I own but that’s a tempting price!

Matt

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

My experience with Thunderbolts is that--while they are cheaper on the shelf--they are exactly the same price per round as other .22s if you only count the ones that work.

But I will admit that I haven't tried them in over a decade.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    My experience with Thunderbolts is that--while they are cheaper on the shelf--they are exactly the same price per round as other .22s if you only count the ones that work.

But I will admit that I haven't tried them in over a decade.

I bought some back during the early part of the most recent ammo shortage. A few guys on here mentioned their poor FTF record and that they were really dirty. I went through the 2K rounds I bought. They weren’t really any worse than any other 22lr ammo I have ran as far as FTF. It was a bit dirtier than Blazers and CCI SV but not a huge difference. I have 4-5K on hand and will check local WM for more tomorrow.

Matt

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Natchez Shooting Supplies has a code on their main page this weekend for 10% off an order of $99.99 or more. I ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff and it wiped out the shipping charge plus a little extra.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Reporting from the Stout Field show, there is a vendor with WWB 9mm for $16/100. I don’t think you can buy it cheaper anywhere else. I would buy it, but for 9mm I exclusively shoot my own reloads now.

Bowz68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    Seymour
    Rural king in Columbus has federal 9mm target ammo for 7 to 8 bucks a box 155 bucks per thousand and you can get a 1 buck rebate per box

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom