Not open for further replies.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    KSE Guns in Lawrence did that too. It was right in the heart of the panic and I asked if he had any .22. He said yes but he had a couple of rifles that he had ordered in for customers and was holding the ammo so he had something he could sell to the guys when they picked up their rifles. Understandable.
    .22 is out their, just got to hunt for it.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    They have a deal going on, where if you buy certain .22 chambered firearms they sell you the ammo with it. Not really anything fishy IMHO

This ammo was ON THE SHELF!!! If they're saving ammo to sell with guns, it wouldn't be on the shelf, above a price tag, for public sale. Especially with the way his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when he realized there was 22 on the shelf. He said, WOW, that wasn't there last night.... Then came up with a BS story about why he cant sell it to me... Nothing but fishy....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have heard so much here about Gander Mtn having lots of ammo to choose from. Very expensive it was reported but Avaliable. Since I was near Castleton Square I decided to take a look. I was looking for 9mm 147 gr Federal HST. They (GM) didn't have any only 124 gr, but oh my they did have a huge selection of all types of ammo.

I did get a couple boxes of Flat point 147 gr 9mm American Eagle, at an ok price. But man o man I have not seen that much ammo in one place in years.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have heard so much here about Gander Mtn having lots of ammo to choose from. Very expensive it was reported but Avaliable. Since I was near Castleton Square I decided to take a look. I was looking for 9mm 147 gr Federal HST. They (GM) didn't have any only 124 gr, but oh my they did have a huge selection of all types of ammo.

I did get a couple boxes of Flat point 147 gr 9mm American Eagle, at an ok price. But man o man I have not seen that much ammo in one place in years.

I felt the same way when I hit a Cabela's when I was visiting Minnesota in the early summer. They had a HUGE variety of ammo. Much of it was more expensive than you could find online, but it was more ammo on the shelf than I'd seen at one time, as I've only been shooting for about a year.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stopped at a local Dick's today (Castleton) to see if they had any of the Remington buckets of .22 mentioned in a separate thread. They didn't have the .22lr, but they are running a sale on pistol ammo and shot shells -- buy one, get one half off.

Normally I wouldn't spend my money there but this deal made it palatable.

I got two 100 rd boxes of 12 gauge Winchester birdshot and two 100 rd boxes of Federal 9mm. At $30 a box I normally wouldn't touch the stuff, but with the second box at $14.99 it brought it down to just a little over 20 cents a round.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I stopped at a local Dick's today (Castleton) to see if they had any of the Remington buckets of .22 mentioned in a separate thread. They didn't have the .22lr, but they are running a sale on pistol ammo and shot shells -- buy one, get one half off.

Normally I wouldn't spend my money there but this deal made it palatable.

I got two 100 rd boxes of 12 gauge Winchester birdshot and two 100 rd boxes of Federal 9mm. At $30 a box I normally wouldn't touch the stuff, but with the second box at $14.99 it brought it down to just a little over 20 cents a round.

I used that deal and got 500 rounds of reman 9mm for .$19/rd. Not bad at all.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My wife gave me a Savage Axis for my 50th. (it's a start, she's coming around) I've been having problems finding .308 ammo for it. Found some in a place I didn't even know had guns or ammo. Rural King. We were at the one in Monticello when I discovered they have a very good selection of shooting sports gear, guns, ammo...

PMC Bronze 147gr fmjbt $16.19 a box. Decent price by today's standards, and they had a pretty good stack of it on the shelf.

The PMC shoots fine in my ARs so I'll give the .308 version a try. I've been back 3 days for their 6 box limit. Today the guy tells me they just took limits off all ammo except rimfire.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom