• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is likely an unpopular opinion among the INGOtariate, but I cut her some slack. Brain-damage jokes aside, she has personal, principled reasons for her positions.

I can disagree with her while acknowledging the reality that she is a true victim of gun violence.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is likely an unpopular opinion among the INGOtariate, but I cut her some slack. Brain-damage jokes aside, she has personal, principled reasons for her positions.
    No

No, she doesn't. She just a vile little fascist.

Loughner passed a background check at Sportsman's Warehouse in Tucson.

His friends knew about his mental problems. The Army knew about his mental problems and dope use. PCC knew about his mental problems.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I can disagree with her while acknowledging the reality that she is a true victim of gun violence.
    In the same manner I think that it is fair that we discuss the ideas being put forward, and not the person. Her latest statements prove what many people have long believed - that "common sense gun control" is a phrase used to undermine legal ownership of firearms. That every concession is not enough, and the next demand for "something to be done" is just around the corner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No

No, she doesn't. She just a vile little fascist.

I'm pretty sure she isn't a fascist, at least not in the classic sense. She is an incrementalist on this issue. She understands (at some level) that she cannot achieve gun bans by asking for them. Rather, she whittles away where she is allowed to exert influence.

States rights.

In the same manner I think that it is fair that we discuss the ideas being put forward, and not the person. Her latest statements prove what many people have long believed - that "common sense gun control" is a phrase used to undermine legal ownership of firearms. That every concession is not enough, and the next demand for "something to be done" is just around the corner.

I guess I didn't realize there was any doubt about this. But, this is certainly another example.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Text book progressivism. They know all of the "common sense laws" they manage to get passed will be ineffective. For them, there's always tomorrow. There'll be another reason and new common sense things to try. They all tend to track to their ultimate goal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It was not the gun used that instigated her situation.
    The nut job has a paper trail of Psychosis a mile and a half long and no one acted on any of it.
    Put more control on folks like him.
    Get them some help or separate them from society.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The nut job has a paper trail of Psychosis a mile and a half long and no one acted on any of it.
    Yup. If you want to reduce deaths from "gun violence" then access to mental health services is a hugely positive step. After all most gun deaths are the result of suicide.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The same liberal philosophy that emptied our mental institutions refuses to take responsibility for the problems created and would rather simply blame guns.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Great example of the left never being happy until they achieve total disarmament. drip...drip...drip

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My guess is Gabby really couldn't care less about guns. Yes she was a victim of gun violence but that is somewhat secondary. If I remember correctly her husband was a gun owner. What we have here is a situation where being a spokesperson for an agenda pays better then any other gig she can land. It's her job an Oregon obviously allows her a opportunity to ply her trade.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

While she is a victim, would she be cut slack for trying to ban cars if she had been hit by one?
    She was not a victim of a gun.
    She was a victim of a person.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    While she is a victim, would she be cut slack for trying to ban cars if she had been hit by one?
    I would cut her some slack on that.

If she were a rape victim advocating for mandated castration, I would cut her some slack. (Pardon the terribly inappropriate pun.)

I would not support her cause - as I do not now support her cause - but I would not hold her morally reprehensible.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My guess is Gabby really couldn't care less about guns. Yes she was a victim of gun violence but that is somewhat secondary. If I remember correctly her husband was a gun owner. What we have here is a situation where being a spokesperson for an agenda pays better then any other gig she can land. It's her job an Oregon obviously allows her a opportunity to ply her trade.

Add to that the family's ego factor. A Congresswoman and an Astronaut. They both lived for the limelight and now both their careers are over. Some psycho shot her and NASA is basically out of business. So now she is the perfect poster child for the gun grabbers and they will pay her to advocate and fly around the country speaking.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon

Truer words were never spoken.

Truer words were never spoken.

Top Bottom