• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is just another disgusting example of the anti-gun lobby parading victims around for their gain. For Gifford's part, this allows her to seem important or even relevant. Without this gig, she would be home watching soaps trying to remember when she was important. Is it possible that the anti-gun crowd is taking advantage of someone that may have suffered a loss of mental capacity? I would not be surprised if they did and think this very well could be what's happening. Either way, she seems to enjoy the attention.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No

No, she doesn't. She just a vile little fascist.

Loughner passed a background check at Sportsman's Warehouse in Tucson.

His friends knew about his mental problems. The Army knew about his mental problems and dope use. PCC knew about his mental problems.

And dont forget she has strong "rights for me, but not for thee" attitude as her husband was busted buying an AR (and other guns) shortly after they started calling for bans on assault rifles.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm pretty sure she isn't a fascist, at least not in the classic sense. She is an incrementalist on this issue. She understands (at some level) that she cannot achieve gun bans by asking for them. Rather, she whittles away where she is allowed to exert influence.

You're right. She is not a fascist. She is a whore making her 20 pieces of silver selling out the republic and the Constitution she took an oath to defend.

Monthly consulting fee from bloomy?

Always follow the money.

:yesway:

I would cut her some slack on that.

If she were a rape victim advocating for mandated castration, I would cut her some slack. (Pardon the terribly inappropriate pun.)

I would not support her cause - as I do not now support her cause - but I would not hold her morally reprehensible.

Making one's self one of those domestic enemies our founders warned us about is always unacceptable and always morally reprehensible. Emotional baggage is NOT an acceptable excuse for being an enemy of a free people. My solution here is no different from dealing with any other enemy regardless of motive.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is likely an unpopular opinion among the INGOtariate, but I cut her some slack. Brain-damage jokes aside, she has personal, principled reasons for her positions.

I can disagree with her while acknowledging the reality that she is a true victim of gun violence.

She's not a victim of gun violence. Gun violence is a myth. Ever heard of fist violence? Or knife violence? Or hammer violence? Or (GASP!) automobile violence? She's a victim of violent crime. Don't fall for the trap. I can empathize with her without buying into her (and Brady and the Mommies') bull**** cause.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She's not a victim of gun violence. Gun violence is a myth. Ever heard of fist violence? Or knife violence? Or hammer violence? Or (GASP!) automobile violence? She's a victim of violent crime. Don't fall for the trap. I can empathize with her without buying into her (and Brady and the Mommies') bull**** cause.

I no longer hold any empathy for her. She has become a joke to me.
    She is alive......the young girl that was near her is not.
    How can we forget her...:dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Okay, not a fascist.
    How about useful idiot instead?

Well, she was fairly smart before she was shot. "Useful brain-damaged survivor" would be most accurate IMHO.

She's not a victim of gun violence. Gun violence is a myth.
    She was shot - violently - with a gun. How is that not gun violence?

Ever heard of fist violence? Or knife violence? Or hammer violence? Or (GASP!) automobile violence? She's a victim of violent crime. Don't all for the trap.
    Semantics. She is the victim of a violent gun crime. Kinda like "racial bigot" The "racial" describes the kind of bigot someone is. There are many kinds of bigots. There are many kinds of violence, and tools to inflict it.

I can empathize with her without buying into her (and Brady and the Mommies') bull**** cause.
    That's actually my point.

So, I'm not sure what we're arguing about. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is likely an unpopular opinion among the INGOtariate, but I cut her some slack. Brain-damage jokes aside, she has personal, principled reasons for her positions.

I can disagree with her while acknowledging the reality that she is a true victim of gun violence.

No. I think it's more about the paycheck and the notoriety.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Ok. She is leveraging her brain-damaged victimness to replace the paycheck and notoriety that she lost as part of the violence inflicted on her by a psycho with a gun.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Gabby (and her family) hung onto her Congressional seat for a full year when she was unable to represent the citizens of her state. Once it was obvious she was not coming back anytime soon she should have resigned if it was about principles and the people.

Not much different than the Kennedy's clinging to their last desperate hold on politics having Ted leaving a Senate seat empty for a full year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gabby (and her family) hung onto her Congressional seat for a full year when she was unable to represent the citizens of her state. Once it was obvious she was not coming back anytime soon she should have resigned if it was about principles and the people.

Not much different than the Kennedy's clinging to their last desperate hold on politics having Ted leaving a Senate seat empty for a full year.

Follow the money/power

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

While she is a victim, would she be cut slack for trying to ban cars if she had been hit by one?
    She was not a victim of a gun.
    She was a victim of a person.

Our system locally being shut down was all greed and stupidity taking place long before Ronnie.
    Central state and many other institutions around the state.

Uncle Ronnie was also the victim of a would-be assassin (a person) but he didn't spend the rest of his days trying to take guns away from the rest of us. I sympathize with Gabby Giffords as another human being who has gone through a tremendous amount of physical suffering. But I couldn't disagree more with her response to her attacker. In my view, she is attacking the very system that provided her with her livelihood and career rather than addressing the problem of violent criminals.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    )

From the introduction for the first link:
    "For the next twelve months, the Ronald Reagan image machine will be turning out countless vignettes of the nation's 40th president, the man neighbors called "Dutch." He will be described as no-nonsense yet kindly, remote but avuncular, a movies-star-turned-politician, and remembered as a local lifeguard rescuing people in troubled waters. With dashing good looks, a sonorous tone that became the voice of General Electric, and an affable smile, even those who disagreed with his policies will say he was genuinely kind-hearted.
    So what did this mean practically for policies about mental health? Here we need to ask how the image departs from the reality."

Yeah, that's a totally dispassionate explanation.

The second link has multiple links within it to such trustworthy sources as Salon (:rolleyes:).

It's interesting how you don't mention the role of several organizations, especially the ACLU, for advocating and eventually getting legislation passed to de-institutionalize the most mentally ill of people, something that started happening in the 1970s.
    So, maybe Reagan traveled in his time machine to then to throw all the insane into the streets, right?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I had an awkward moment with my son's fiance in Phoenix last year. We were all discussing firearm ownership and I made a comment about Giffords. Son's gf said, "I know her personally." There was a little silent moment then I just said, "Well next time you see her tell her to stop trying to tell me how I can or can't be armed when I walk into my dark house after being gone all day." GF was respectfully silent.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    )

From the introduction for the first link:
    "For the next twelve months, the Ronald Reagan image machine will be turning out countless vignettes of the nation's 40th president, the man neighbors called "Dutch." He will be described as no-nonsense yet kindly, remote but avuncular, a movies-star-turned-politician, and remembered as a local lifeguard rescuing people in troubled waters. With dashing good looks, a sonorous tone that became the voice of General Electric, and an affable smile, even those who disagreed with his policies will say he was genuinely kind-hearted.
    So what did this mean practically for policies about mental health? Here we need to ask how the image departs from the reality."

Yeah, that's a totally dispassionate explanation.

The second link has multiple links within it to such trustworthy sources as Salon (:rolleyes:).

It's interesting how you don't mention the role of several organizations, especially the ACLU, for advocating and eventually getting legislation passed to de-institutionalize the most mentally ill of people, something that started happening in the 1970s.
    So, maybe Reagan traveled in his time machine to then to throw all the insane into the streets, right?

So you don't believe that killing the MHSA didn't have a HUGE hand in "emptying our mental health institutions"....good for you. But if the links provided weren't trustworthy enough for you, simply type "Reagan mental health policy" into any search engine you deem worthy.

Top Bottom