• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I bought a new vehicle a couple months ago. I think I cried a little when I looked at it after driving back and forth from Indy all last week.☹️
    Raining down here in Jefferson co. Not freezing at all. But the state brine trucks are out spraying in the rain... gotta love the govt..

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The only closure I remember growing up in FWCS was the blizzard of 78. Never remembered a delay. Lester Griles relied on WOWO’s Earl Finkel’s forecast and the fire escape data. Walked to school uphill (both ways) in the snow. Snowflakes!

I missed that one, wasnt in school yet.

I went to a private school here in town and we were never closed. We did not have bus service either so I am sure that factored into us never being closed.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Off the subject.

Are they making 20 a four lane from Elkhart to Angola?
    It has been a while since I have been through there... Over a year. They did finish it 4 lanes from Elkhart CR17 to to SR15 (North of Goshen, South of Bristol. The plans are to make it 4 lanes from SR 15 all the way to SR 13 in Middlebury. Looks like the project has started and not sure on completion from INDOTs website. Nothing planned East of SR`13 that I have found.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Got home around 4 yesterday from the gym. Driveway was a complete sheet of ice. Main roads were fine. This morning around 9:30 it's all melting, phone shows 36 degrees. Supposed to get up to 39 by Thursday. Going to be a big sloppy mess. I replaced our 7 year old sump pump this weekend. Not taking any chances will all the rain and snow to melt.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My driveway and our private road is ice, but all of the roads are just wet up here (from Valpo to Hammond). Maybe a little slick somewhere, but I didn't see it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Currently eating lunch in Coldwater MI. Roads still just wet but parking lot is starting to freeze over slightly. Right at 32 degrees. Time will tell if the roads will get worse between here and Troy.

Salt trucks are out.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    My road is a solid sheet of ice still currently. Fairly thick as well.

Off of I74 close to the communist state.

All local schools are closed.

Still have some of the snow as well. It is raining currently, but it is just freezing where it lands.

Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Called school in my district about a hour ago
    They closed school here as well, which is ludicrous. As far south as I am, we got just rain, the air temp stayed above freezing the entire night, and even the ground temp is well above freezing (all the snow melted). Yet, the idiot superintendent closed all the schools as "a precaution" (like he usually does) without any need whatsoever.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I should have kept my appt at the dealership down in Columbus for a couple of follow ups for car we bought my daughter last week. But I didn't want to be skidding down I65 for an hour in her new car.

Instead I pushed it out a week as they only have the required folks onsite on Tuesdays to do what is needed.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Got back from a run to North Branch, MN (halfway between Minneapolis and Duluth) at 20:00.
    Clear sailing all the way up, yesterday, with a loaded trailer. Dragged an M/T back today and was expecting to get the worst of it. Other than a snow squall near Eau Claire, WI the roads were clear, and only starting getting wet at the WI/ IL border.
    Guess I missed all the fun.

Top Bottom