• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They told everyone at work to take their laptops home tonight in case it gets bad enough for them to tell people to stay home tomorrow. Haven't seen that notification yet though.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Going to be a fun three days as I'm traveling tomorrow through Thursday to the Detroit area, Toledo, Findlay and then back home. Ugh.

Hopefully the roads are treated enough...

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    North end of the state, raining all day. 32 out now and supposed to have rain for another 24 hours. Roads are fine. Vehicles are getting covered, parking lots and sidewalks are deadly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it's just ground temperature freeze, at least it won't be breaking trees and pulling down electric lines. Traffic will suck, of course, but small blessings and all that.
    I heard a weather guy this afternoon say they expect everything "at 2 meters and above to be above freezing. So little chance for downed power lines and such. Only ground will be frozen and likely only untreated surfaces will ice over badly. " (indy area)

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Resized_Screenshot_20240122_200821_Facebook.jpeg
    This is a visibility map for Wednesday morning. The pink color means less than a quarter mile to almost zero visibility. This will start tomorrow and go through Wednesday at least.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hit freezing rain in Columbia, MO on I 70 last night about 2200.
    I could maintain about 60mph all the way to KC. Trucks and cars everywhere in the ditches.

I am doing 50-60 power diverter locked in butt puckered and trucks were passing me like it was a summer day.

Note many truck drivers don’t even know when that button is used.

Pro tip : If you don’t see spray from tires and they appear dry it’s bad, might wanna stop.

Today coming back home lost count of vehicles in ditches, it looked like the highway of death in Iraq.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hit freezing rain in Columbia, MO on I 70 last night about 2200.
    I could maintain about 60mph all the way to KC. Trucks and cars everywhere in the ditches.

I am doing 50-60 power diverter locked in butt puckered and trucks were passing me like it was a summer day.

Note many truck drivers don’t even know when that button is used.

Pro tip : If you don’t see spray from tires and they appear dry it’s bad, might wanna stop.

Today coming back home lost count of vehicles in ditches, it looked like the highway of death in Iraq.

Gotta love our INGO professional input... :bowdown:

:ingo:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Closures and delays coming in, but not our school system yet, they always wait until the last minute. You are dressed and walking out the door and then they call it.

I remember the wifes first year teaching, not one closure, not one delay. She was so mad.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Closures and delays coming in, but not our school system yet, they always wait until the last minute. You are dressed and walking out the door and then they call it.

I remember the wifes first year teaching, not one closure, not one delay. She was so mad.
    The only closure I remember growing up in FWCS was the blizzard of 78. Never remembered a delay. Lester Griles relied on WOWO’s Earl Finkel’s forecast and the fire escape data. Walked to school uphill (both ways) in the snow. Snowflakes!

Top Bottom