Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is this a Republican site? That's not what the rules say!

I'm pro-gun. And I do lean left I suppose, but in the sense that I prioritize people over corporate profits not in the sense that I'm going to run out and vote for Biden. That's not left. I reject the Republicans and Democrats as part of the same political theater that enables the wealthy to screw over the working man. I'm new, so maybe I'm crossing lines in this thread? It seems intrinsically political in the way it's discussing the situation, but I also genuinely am not a troll and don't want to be banned before I even really get used to the site again. I haven't even lurked here in years.
    Maybe slow your roll a bit then and just get to know people before ****ting on their politics.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    security guard shot at circle center mall????

But but but, every post I've seen on Indiana/Indianapolis subreddits about the Indy protests are talking about how peaceful they are

Maybe slow your roll a bit then and just get to know people before ****ting on their politics.

This thread isn't political. :dunno:

It's. Fine.

Move. On.

Everyone has posted wrong opinions in the wrong subforum before. Be positive and educating, not demeaning and rough, with new users.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But but but, every post I've seen on Indiana/Indianapolis subreddits about the Indy protests are talking about how peaceful they are

It's. Fine.

Move. On.

Everyone has posted wrong opinions in the wrong subforum before. Be positive and educating, not demeaning and rough, with new users.

Okay mom.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Apparently rioters have moved into the suburbs and are breaking into homes, lighting them on fire.

I can't find the stream this image is from, but they're discussing it, because a cat was trapped in one of the burning homes.

l4GaLQ6.jpg

found the stream https://www.facebook.com/armercado93/videos/10214542632234400/

What says this is in suburbs? What suburb? And what does she mean “real” protesters?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Blocking forum posters is an act of cowardice. :-P

I expected that. But I'm not interested in pretending to be someone I'm not. I can be civil, but there's no point in being here if I'm not going to express me opinions on things (within the rules). That's what forums are for.

I didn't shout "ORANGE MAN BAD." That's how those around me have been trying to convince me to vote for Biden for weeks, and it's not compelling. Mainstream news (including, but not limited to, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX) is essentially part of the same system that perpetuates the Red/Blue culture war these days, and their messaging reflects that. If I seem to have been parroting their coverage of anything then it was entirely unintentional, although occasionally they do reflect reality because spin isn't necessary to support their narrative. There's a lot to criticize about Trump, and I think it's useful to point out specific problems when they come up. The same goes for Biden and any other public figure who warrants criticism (most of them). That said, the Break Room header says "No Politics," which in my mind means this thread shouldn't even be here, but I'm not a mod and don't get to make that determination. I'll knock off politics chat here and do apologize for making that comment here in the Break Room.
    Getting called a coward by people on the left. Sign me up baby!!

Dont worry. Trump has 2020 on lock. 4 more years of liberal tears :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow, the Pentagon just deployed active MP units to Minneapolis to assist law-enforcement there.

https://twitter.com/jennfranconews/status/1266601317004218368

#BREAKING: The Pentagon orders the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis.

Soldiers from Fort Bragg in NC & Fort Drum in NY have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called. (Per AP)

Things could really heat up if the army starts shooting rioters.

Joshua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Central
    The flag burning isn’t about wanting to leave, it’s about wanting to change the America that is into the America they want.

While not untrue, that's missing the point. It usually either means "I feel that I/my demographic has no voice in my own country," which is what led to current events, or it means "I strenuously disagree with actions my country is taking," such as certain actions the USA has taken in Central America and more recently the Caribbean. Destroying the symbol of one's country is an incredibly strong statement that implies one has run out of other options, and whereas your definition is accurate, it is accurate only in the narrowest possible sense. It's important that we understand why people feel they need to burn the flag in the first place and examine whether their concerns can be addressed and, if so, how rather than simply condemning them out of hand as a knee jerk reaction.

I thought profanity was forbidden? Anyway, I don't recall attacking anyone's politics. I hope we're all secure enough in our positions that we can handle someone disagreeing with us.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

It's. Fine.

Move. On.

Sorry if it came across gruff. I even have a happy avitar.

This isn't politics.:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom