• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not my experience as well. But I do see a lot of truth in this paragraph.
    " Cities have been the heart of the intellectual and artistic in all civilizations, as for example Athens, Rome, Florence, Vienna, New York. By contrast, blacks have destroyed city after American city after American city. Trenton, Camden, Newark, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Gary, Flint, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee. At one time in all of these one could live, walk at will, send one’s children to the schools. Now, no. Violence, crime, racial attacks,and illiteracy drive the civilized to remote suburbs. This is not my culture and I see no reason to apologize for it."

I'll tell you exactly why that it.

It's fear of social repercussions for applying the same standards as everywhere else.
    It's tolerance of a sub-culture that eats away at people's souls, and guides them down a path of crime.
    It's devaluation and, in some cases, total repudiation of the family.

As someone once said, liberals are like aids. It's easy to survive the common cold, unless you have aids.

[video=youtube;a9fZMPbgp74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9fZMPbgp74[/video]
    This man became a police officer during one of the most difficult times in the nation's history.
    He lived to see himself go from being seen as inferior, to equal.
    He served his community and his nation his entire life.
    What did he get in return? Gunned down by BLM/Antifa activists.

Last edited:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So a few questions.

Does murder 3 require that the person was meaning to do it and not that it happened?

To LEO's in here, if someone is doing something, is it okay to intervene? Say an officer was to intervene, would they be subject to internal action?

I'm still trying to figure out everything with the actual incident still.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually I suspect Ellison upped the charges to appease the mob. I think they're probably deserved (the higher charges), but if they are deserved now, they were deserved earlier.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The free reed article i posted was on freds site and maybe even on American Thinker.....but as with most things, gets buried or moved.

Easiest place found in recent search was where i snagged it. Dunno diddly about that site and dont care.

As for the numbers i posted, its pretty much common knowledge and available.

Telling me they are not real without a link......doesnt make it so.

Look it up.

I know several folks that work in the public school system that agree with it too.

Edit: the black male drop out rate nationally is 40%.
    I'm not gonna look up the reading level scores of those that get shuffled through the system.
    Am content to go w Fred Reed article that Cali had 70% and that some yrs ago, and proly a safe bet things have not improved elsewhere.

Ever heard of "credit recovery" in the schools?
    Program on computer, mult choice, you just loop it till you pass. Seriously.
    If they read it they might get through it faster. But they don't have to.
    That plus grade fixing, it's beyond pathetic.

And they wonder why kids are graduating yet not being functional (lacking basic reading and math skills....or work ethic).

And then instead of going back to basics and fixing what is broken, non-educators (politicians) start dictating policy for education and now you see the complete #@$& up it has become. So they can't do math, get rid of accounting (learning to balance check book, etc), get rid of basic math (so they learn math facts) and push geometry and geometry II as a requirement. When we had the ISTEP test, I begged people to take it to the statehouse and have them take the test and then publish their results! Many teachers know and recognize the problems and teach to the student's needs anyway.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I asked around today what people wanted out of all this and the condensed answer was "change". When I asked "to what" the answers got very vague if I got one at all although I did hear " to be respected". I'm becoming convinced that most are waiting for somebody to give them choices of change, sort of like a restaurant menu as they don't have an idea what they want. All of my working career I've solved problems for people or improved processes, to do that you have to know where you want to go and have some means of measurement of your progress. I don't see any of that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I asked around today what people wanted out of all this and the condensed answer was "change". When I asked "to what" the answers got very vague if I got one at all although I did hear " to be respected". I'm becoming convinced that most are waiting for somebody to give them choices of change, sort of like a restaurant menu as they don't have an idea what they want. All of my working career I've solved problems for people or improved processes, to do that you have to know where you want to go and have some means of measurement of your progress. I don't see any of that.

They're clueless.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

This covers your point pretty well.

[video=youtube_share;JWF3fMBuB84]http://youtu.be/JWF3fMBuB84[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many people have a hard time putting into words/thought what their instincts are telling them. But this may not be that. People also are side takers and look to their side for what they’re supposed to do or say. Like when people’s worldview is challenged they scour the interwebs to find out how their side is supposed to answer that question or rebut some dissonant information. Maybe they can’t answer it until they figure out what they’re supposed to say. Maybe they only have half the map. If it’s the former, people need to evaluate their instincts and try to understand them. If it’s the latter. Forget it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    They weren’t allowed that in the Zimmerman case.

IIRC, that's because the prosecution made no attempt to prove the elements of any lesser charge, thereby not giving the jury the opportunity to consider a lesser charge. To give the jury the opportunity to consider a lesser charge, the prosecution has to present evidence to make the case for said lesser charge.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    IIRC, that's because the prosecution made no attempt to prove the elements of any lesser charge, thereby not giving the jury the opportunity to consider a lesser charge. To give the jury the opportunity to consider a lesser charge, the prosecution has to present evidence to make the case for said lesser charge.

I was the foreman on a jury for a murder trial and we were given very specific instructions by the judge on what we could consider and what we could not. At no time were we given instructions that we could wing it and change the charges.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I was the foreman on a jury for a murder trial and we were given very specific instructions by the judge on what we could consider and what we could not. At no time were we given instructions that we could wing it and change the charges.

Certainly. It's a decision by the prosecution. They can go for one charge, and only try to prove that charge - or go for lesser charges as well, and prove the elements of all potential charges. Generally, a prosecution is going to want to get a conviction on something, so will include the lesser charges. In the Zimmerman trial, the prosecutors only attempted to prove the element of the murder charge. They did not include lesser charges, or attempt to prove the elements of any lesser charges. IIRC further, the jury inquired about lesser charges, and the judge rightly told them that they could only consider the charge presented to them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like Floyd was claimed by COVID19... RIP

MrRl98U.jpg

Full report https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/hen...-safety/documents/Autopsy_2020-3700_Floyd.pdf

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom