Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Mayor only took action after the protesters came to her neighborhood, and threatened to set up shop there. The citizens don't appear to be being served by their leaders.

Truth is we are not being served by those the much brained electorate are "Keeping" in the seats of power.

Our very own mouth breathing waste of skin mayor is a fine example.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only the voters would remember that.

With the Seattle thing I don't think even the shooting, where CHOP "security" fired into the SUV that the two teenage boys were driving several hundred times, was the final straw. The protestors vandalizing her home happened after that and it wasn't until that happened that she finally ended it.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Stolen from the web. Not sure of attribution:

If you insulate people from paying the price of being wrong, you’re going to get a lot of wrong things done.

That is a nice, succinct way to describe moral hazard, the incentive to increase one's exposure to risk because they are insulated from the full costs of that risk.

Or, as President Reagan wisely said:

[FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you want more of something, subsidize it; if you want less of something, tax it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT]

We are indirectly subsidizing the price of being wrong. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When I saw that I was quite pleased. Seeing mayor after mayor, governor after governor refuse to take steps to protect people’s property, **** them. Raise taxes on their own people and make sure they understand why those taxes are being raised. “Minnesotans, we’re raising your taxes to pay for our failures.”

I see your point.

And I raise you .. points.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's only one.

And you should be grateful for that.

Did I eat breakfast this morning? I don't think I took my morning vitamins. No. I'm pretty sure I did not take my morning vitamins. Crap. I think my car tags are due to expire sometime soon. Or was that this month? Did I sign my tax returns? Well, if I didn't I'm sure they'll tell me sooner or later. Where are my keys? Why is my phone always nearly dead? Aw crap. I gotta crap. Again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom