ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    [video=youtube_share;ngFDy52eCZY]http://youtu.be/ngFDy52eCZY[/video]

I think this is my favorite performance of the song.

Look, I have nothing against the song.

To me, it's like having turkey on Thanksgiving. You are fond of turkey. It's a great tradition to eat it on a certain date. It's wonderful....but, it's only a portion of the dinner. There is stuffing, and cranberries and mashed potatoes & gravy, or yams, and pumpkin pie. The dinner isn't a turkey dinner. It's dinner with turkey.

And, after a few days of turkey sandwiches and turkey omelets and turkey ala king, you're pretty sick of turkey and don't want to see it again for awhile.

That's what this push of equality and police interaction with the black community seems to be.

I get it. George Floyd was the last straw. It's time to do something about it. Let's get moving. Why are you still vibrating in place and protesting? Oh, because of the ENTIRE list of grievances?

Bro, no. I'm not going along with it. Mostly cuz I don't buy it as fact. And when you stuff your blackness into the conversation 24/7, I'm beginning to remember that last Turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving and how I haven't had one in 6 months. I'm done with turkey. Maybe have a ham this year.

Do you get it? You've overwhelmed the conversation to the point I don't want to hear any more. I don't want to see you protesting. I especially don't want to see you burning and looting.

Let's get back to the first priority: Police reform.

If we can't get there, I think it's gonna be on you....cuz you're losing your audience.
    Well said.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alpo again.​

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    rope.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/home-depot-rope-sales-nooses-in-stores-2020-7

We're living in a ****ing clown world. :rolleyes:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [video=youtube_share;ngFDy52eCZY]http://youtu.be/ngFDy52eCZY[/video]

I think this is my favorite performance of the song.

That is a really beautiful rendition. And I don't have any problem with the NFL including its performance during pre-game festtivities. How is it any different from "God Bless America", "America the Beautiful", "God Bless the USA", or other patriotic songs or hymns that have occasionally been included?

Look, I have nothing against the song.

To me, it's like having turkey on Thanksgiving. You are fond of turkey. It's a great tradition to eat it on a certain date. It's wonderful....but, it's only a portion of the dinner. There is stuffing, and cranberries and mashed potatoes & gravy, or yams, and pumpkin pie. The dinner isn't a turkey dinner. It's dinner with turkey.

And, after a few days of turkey sandwiches and turkey omelets and turkey ala king, you're pretty sick of turkey and don't want to see it again for awhile.

That's what this push of equality and police interaction with the black community seems to be.

I get it. George Floyd was the last straw. It's time to do something about it. Let's get moving. Why are you still vibrating in place and protesting? Oh, because of the ENTIRE list of grievances?

Bro, no. I'm not going along with it. Mostly cuz I don't buy it as fact. And when you stuff your blackness into the conversation 24/7, I'm beginning to remember that last Turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving and how I haven't had one in 6 months. I'm done with turkey. Maybe have a ham this year.

Do you get it? You've overwhelmed the conversation to the point I don't want to hear any more. I don't want to see you protesting. I especially don't want to see you burning and looting.

Let's get back to the first priority: Police reform.

If we can't get there, I think it's gonna be on you....cuz you're losing your audience.

This is the thing. I agree. And at some point, the underlying grievance has to be challenged. For instance, last weekend in Chicago, more black lives (14) were taken through commonplace urban violence than there are unarmed black lives taken by police across the entire country in an entire year, on average (~9). If "all lives do not matter until black lives matter" (the new mantra), then why is it not also true that "black lives do not matter until all black lives matter"? Either the mantra is absurd on its face, or it exposes hypocrisy.

Granted, I know the truth. BLM is nothing more than a Marxist front organization and a funding channel for the left (see: ActBlue).

As for me, where I have time, resources, and energy to use, I will focus it on areas that will help protect the most against unnecessary loss of life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some protesters on a highway again.
    2 get hit.
    Of course, they cry for the police.
    The same police they are protesting.

[video=youtube_share;GtRQQQEBFbQ]https://youtu.be/GtRQQQEBFbQ[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A mob blocking the road and impeding traffic is committing a felony. I have zero empathy for whatever happens to them, when people righteously (and lawfully) assert their right to travel unimpeded and their right to self-defense in response to unlawful detention by an unlawful mob.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That is a really beautiful rendition. And I don't have any problem with the NFL including its performance during pre-game festtivities. How is it any different from "God Bless America", "America the Beautiful", "God Bless the USA", or other patriotic songs or hymns that have occasionally been included?

This is the thing. I agree. And at some point, the underlying grievance has to be challenged. For instance, last weekend in Chicago, more black lives (14) were taken through commonplace urban violence than there are unarmed black lives taken by police across the entire country in an entire year, on average (~9). If "all lives do not matter until black lives matter" (the new mantra), then why is it not also true that "black lives do not matter until all black lives matter"? Either the mantra is absurd on its face, or it exposes hypocrisy.

Granted, I know the truth. BLM is nothing more than a Marxist front organization and a funding channel for the left (see: ActBlue).

As for me, where I have time, resources, and energy to use, I will focus it on areas that will help protect the most against unnecessary loss of life.

Michael Connelly's main protagonist, Hieronymous Bosch, uses this as a guiding principle in his homicide investigations:

Everyone counts, or no one counts.

Seems about right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom