• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    https://www.goshennews.com/news/bla...cle_e3d94b98-b0df-11ea-a3b8-5b9c307fdb26.html

I am so excited that my town might allow a mural dedicated to a anti-police, marxist organization.

Goshen is a weird town.

You'd think it's large Amish/Mennonite community would make it more conservative than most small towns. You'd think it's Mennonite college would be an ultra conservative institution of higher learning.

Neither is remotely true.

The powers that be in Goshen are somewhere between Austin and San Francisco on the political spectrum.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Allow us to get in your face. We want to take over every aspect of your communities.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Goshen is a weird town.

You'd think it's large Amish/Mennonite community would make it more conservative than most small towns. You'd think it's Mennonite college would be an ultra conservative institution of higher learning.

The powers that be in Goshen are somewhere between Austin and San Francisco on the political spectrum.

It's gone downhill since the cruising ended.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Goshen is a weird town.

When I was still doing legislative work, a van load of young women came down from Goshen College to each testify before the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in the basement of the Statehouse. I was surprised at their very liberal position on a criminal justice related bill. They were shepherded by a professor, also very liberal.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's going to take a lot of folks getting their teeth kicked in (metaphorically speaking) before the woke crowd realizes that they can't appease or quell the leftist mob no matter how much virtue signaling they do.

Woke. I thought we'd seen the end of that word on this site. I guess we have since this instance was semi-pejorative.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Goshen is a weird town.

Do the Amish/Mennonite vote?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Goshen is a weird town.

That does surprise me! I would have guessed very conservative. Too much rumspringa I guess.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The college Mennonites seem to have been fellow travelers with those liberation theology Catholics that sided with the South American communists.

Birds of a feather.

My mom grew up in Ohio. When she was searching for a college in the late 60s, she visited Bethel and Goshen colleges.

Even back then, the difference was night and day.

She went to Bethel.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube_share;QtRLDeZ8u6o]https://youtu.be/QtRLDeZ8u6o[/video]

Sports writer cheers rioters burning buildings.
    But...but.... when rioters come to his gated community he tweets... "get these f.... animals away from here"
    :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom