• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I am about to send a form 1 in for a SBR. I've seen different opinions on question 4h. Should I include what will be engraved or should I leave it blank? Thanks! :ingo:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I am about to send a form 1 in for a SBR. I've seen different opinions on question 4h. Should I include what will be engraved or should I leave it blank? Thanks! :ingo:

You are the maker of the SBR? If so you need to put your name and address (city and state).

Also, think about the e-form, as it reportedly saves lots of time!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    +1. Of course rules and evaluators change all the time, but i have one in process now w. That spot blank.

-rvb

This a very good point. For instance, you use to be able to list multiple calibers, but they have done away with that.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Thanks for the responses. When I had my LEO sign off, I left it blank and everything else is typed and printed out. If I decide to fill 4h in, it will be by hand. Any potential issues for that?

Also, for the engraving (and question 4h) do I have to do my full name and city/state, or can I abbreviate? Does the first name need to be totally spelled out, or can it be just the first letter or a shorter version of the name ("J. Smith" or "Joe Smith" vs Joseph Smith") and can "Indianapolis, Indiana" be shortened to "Indy, IN"?

Thanks!

Phil Mumaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I believe that spot on the form is if you plan on getting other things engraved on it than the required name, city, and state. I also believe you can use first and/or middle initials and your full last name. It must be enough to demonstrate that it belongs to you without any confusion (i.e no nick-names). Don't think you can shorten to Indy either. This is what I understand. Best to check with the good old ATF to confirm, though.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Thanks for the responses. When I had my LEO sign off, I left it blank and everything else is typed and printed out. If I decide to fill 4h in, it will be by hand. Any potential issues for that?

Also, for the engraving (and question 4h) do I have to do my full name and city/state, or can I abbreviate? Does the first name need to be totally spelled out, or can it be just the first letter or a shorter version of the name ("J. Smith" or "Joe Smith" vs Joseph Smith") and can "Indianapolis, Indiana" be shortened to "Indy, IN"?
    Thanks!

My understanding is that ATF wants the full name now. When I did mine I had my full name engraved under the trigger. You can abbreviate the state but that is all.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Again, things change. Several yrs ago it used to be the consensus that first initial and full last name was ok. Now people say you should use full first name. It's really one of those "who cares" things, IMO. Do something to comply to the law as best as you understand it. "Common" abbreviations are ok (the common example is NY, NY for instance). I'd think Indy would be ok, but do what you think is best. Most likely, no one besieges you will ever see it anyway.

-rvb

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom