• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, rail workers got a contract a bit more to their liking.
    Having been through multiple contract negotiations, it's never (or rarely) decided quick.
    The company wants to pay out the minimum, the employees want the maximum.
    You go back and forth.
    Nothing new.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If possible quit being a Consumer and start being a producer. Stocking supplies Is a great idea but only lasts as long as the stockpile. if the food was all gone at the store (tornado, earthquake, Korean’s on the hill, supply chain, vaccination required ect) how long can you eat before you stand in line to get your handouts or sign up for your social credit score.

Ten things to start:

1: 750 pounds of food per person per year. (Better have a large storage area)
    2: Be the food line don’t be in the food line. (Or on the bus or in the stockcars)
    3: Cities are consumers not producers. (Goohmp)
    4: resilience before resistance (people got to eat)
    5: population density matters (zombies got to roam somewhere)
    6: victory gardens can make a difference (small amounts of production everywhere)
    7: prepare for those you love plus the widows and orphans (good book)
    8: if you can do more than above look to feed and arm those who may call on you to lead. (Look to Ethan Allen and his green mountain boys)
    9: be the grid instead of reliance on the grid. (local solar, gas and diesel storage sewer (out houses) water hand pumps and wells.
    10: do not be afraid to exercise your No muscle (let your yes be a yes and your no be a no)

I shall stop now before I land on another list.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Context matters. Food shortages *where*? There's always food shortages somewhere, and that somewhere is not and will not be the US. Countries that rely heavily on wheat imports, say much of the Middle East, will be affected. Let's take another snippet from the announcement:

"While the entire globe will continue to be affected by Russia’s actions, the most immediate needs will present in the Horn of Africa, as it experiences a record-setting fourth straight season of drought, that may lead to famine. As many as 20 million people may face the threat of starvation by the end of the year. The prolonged drought is also having dire nutrition impacts, putting children at severe risk of malnutrition and in need of treatment."

Yeah. I completely believe him that people in Africa are starving and that Ukraine's inability to export will exacerbate that. I'm sure we're all familiar with the fact that Africans starving is not a 'today only' problem.
    I guess context is everything. I take the context of "...our country too" to include the U.S.

"The price of the sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia," he added. "It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess context is everything. I take the context of "...our country too" to include the U.S.

"The price of the sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia," he added. "It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well."

...keep going. What's the rest?

(hint: it's not food shortages in the US)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    His quote stands on its own. Unless "our country" spoken in first person by a sitting president doesn't include the U.S. Maybe he just misspoke. That sometimes happens with an addled old man who often displays obvious signs of cognitive impairment.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

"Hillandale Farms is one of the largest suppliers of chicken eggs in the US."

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Food plants burning out of the news lately. Read an article today that an egg plant in Connecticut I believe burnt. 10,000 + chickens (100,000?? Can’t recall) killed. Supposedly one of the bigger ones in the country. Of course I can’t find the article now or I’d post a link.

Top Bottom