• Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Flags lowered to honor late Ind. chief justice Posted 7/23/2009 8:25 AM ET

They are to be lowered from 7/23 - 7/26

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has ordered that flags at the Statehouse and across the state be lowered to half-staff to mark the death of former Indiana Chief Justice Richard Givan.
    Givan, who spent 26 years on the state's highest court, died Tuesday at age 88. He joined the Supreme Court in 1968 and became chief justice in 1974. He stepped down as the court's leader in 1987, but remained a justice until retiring in 1994.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I honestly think there are only a select few people who even pay attention and/or care that it's at half-staff. I know during 9/11 it was a huge deal, but a lot of companies and even residents for that matter don't lower their flags unless it's a major event. For example, I couldn't count how many flags I saw at full-staff this past Memorial Day on one hand alone. And while I'm on the subject whatever happened to lighting the flag up at night or lowering it when the sun goes down...?You never see that anymore.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I was camping this weekend and the flags at Harmonie State Park were half-mast. I was wondering why they were lowered. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom