• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tag

I was wondering the same thing. The resemblance is striking.

Wait a minute, let me put my helmet on. Ok, hurl more insults my way. I'm in suspense, is it my grammar, intelligence, or something new that will be insulted? :popcorn:

You probably look funny too. :):

He seems to make it to about 1,000 posts everywhere he goes then get "overly" mouthy and gets the ban hammer.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Those of you defending this tyrant should be ashamed of yourselves.

You've wasted a lot of time repeatedly posting basically the same points over and over, but this one has to be one of the most pathetic attempts at trolling I've ever seen. I've made all the points I need to make on this issue and somehow, shame is not an emotion that entered the picture. You've also failed to effectively debate many of the points I and others have made. That tells me all I need to know. No offense to those who wish to remain involved in this thread, but as far as I'm concerned, its lost its usefulness.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    1. I have never been involved in a fight that would constitute a battery on another human being.
    IC 35-42-2-1
    Battery
    Sec. 1. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally touches another person in a rude, insolent, or angry manner commits battery, a Class B misdemeanor.

If you've been in a fight, you've probably committed battery.

...it is appalling to me that he's not in jail.

I'm not sure if he should be in jail or not.
    Which is it?

And per the above code...if you've committed battery...should you be in jail?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    And per the above code...if you've committed battery...should you be in jail?

If I'd committed battery (which I haven't) I should be in jail, yes.

there's an awful lot of words in that statute that constitute questions of fact.

Should boxers be in jail?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If I'd committed battery (which I haven't) I should be in jail, yes.

there's an awful lot of words in that statute that constitute questions of fact.

Should boxers be in jail?
    Then you've never been in a fight...other than possibly a yelling match.

Actually that statute is pretty clear and to the point.

Boxers? Not unlike any contact sport. Probably not...they have entered into a contract knowing the consequences.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So what you're saying is that a fight where the parties enter a contract beforehand doesn't constitute "battery" then?
    IMO...no. The parties involved and the paying public deem it acceptable. Be it boxing or say football...several people make millions of dollars knowing that another individual it going to try to rip their head off.

When I've been spit on at work...you have to be smart. There's too much to lose if you lose your cool. Sure...put 'em on the ground to keep it from happening again. Tase 'em if necessary and if you can justify it. Not as retaliation...but to prevent it from happening. Throw a spit hood on them. But don't be stupid.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I've been "guilty" of battery. However, I've had the mitigating circumstance of justification.
    Exactly. Spit on me away from work and there will be issues to resolve. One of us will spend considerable time eating Freezies through a straw. And this will be my defense.

IC 35-42-2-3
    Provocation
    Sec. 3. A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally engages in conduct that is likely to provoke a reasonable man to commit battery commits provocation, a Class C infraction.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    1. I have never been involved in a fight that would constitute a battery on another human being. In fact, the only fight I've ever been in where it wasn't someone else attacking me was when I was in the military, and trust me, the feeling was mutual (the result was also a draw).

Mutual fight would be committing battery, in fact fighting back against someone that attacks you could be considered battery. So by your own admission you have committed battery.

Top Bottom